Why arent you a member

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Re: Why aren't you a member

LOL! I know! We should lobby for a Law requiring Every Gold Ring be Inscribed with the Owners Name and Address.

It would only add $30.00 or $40.00 to the cost of the ring.

space4.gif

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My Oppinion is that those who would keep a ring that "could" be returned, are the first to gripe when they lose something and do not get it back...I know that if I bought say a $1000 ring and I took the time and money to ingrave my name, initials, or other identifying marks...I would surely expect it to be returned. I know times are tough, but I am NOT going to pay my bills at the expense of someone else...

HH,

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GoGoGopher said:
My Oppinion is that those who would keep a ring that "could" be returned, are the first to gripe when they lose something and do not get it back...I know that if I bought say a $1000 ring and I took the time and money to ingrave my name, initials, or other identifying marks...I would surely expect it to be returned. I know times are tough, but I am NOT going to pay my bills at the expense of someone else...

HH,

It seems to me that if you spend ANY of the zincolns that you find, you are paying your bill at someone else's expense. :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

thrillathahunt said:
GoGoGopher said:

HH,

It seems to me that if you spend ANY of the zincolns that you find, you are paying your bill at someone else's expense. :dontknow:
He sure is but some look at it different when they do it.........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

homefires said:
LOL! I know! We should lobby for a Law requiring Every Gold Ring be Inscribed with the Owners Name and Address.

It would only add $30.00 or $40.00 to the cost of the ring.

space4.gif
Yes that's all we need here in the good old USA.............. Another dam law......... No we don't need any more laws.............

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thrillathahunt said:
GoGoGopher said:

HH,

You missed his point. He was talking about rings or anything else that have the identity of their owner on them and so then possibly returnable.
Very few people have their name engraved on their pennies. :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If people would worry about themselves and not worry about what someone else is doing (whether they feel it's right or wrong), this country would be a lot better off. To each his own. It's a personal choice, period. It doesn't make someone better than the next person if he chooses to track down the owner of a ring. We are not here to judge others (though we do it all the time). There are bigger and better things to worry about than this crap. This is not a life changing decision for any party involved. For the record, I have returned 1 ring and kept many more, several with intials including a class ring. I made an attempt at finding the original owner (internet search and posting an ad on CL lost and found), to no avail. I'm not gonna spend countless hours on something just to make myself (or anyone else) feel noble. I sleep very well at night knowing that I am an honest and forthright person, regardless if I track down the owner of a lost ring and I damn sure aint turning it in to the local authorities.

C

Cappy Z.

diggummup "I sleep very well at night knowing that I am an honest and forthright person, regardless if I track down the owner of a lost ring and I damn sure aint turning it in to the local authorities."

I TOTALLY agree. The local authorities including the local police are criminals. Period. :occasion18:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

diggummup said:
If people would worry about themselves and not worry about what someone else is doing (whether they feel it's right or wrong), this country would be a lot better off. To each his own. It's a personal choice, period. It doesn't make someone better than the next person if he chooses to track down the owner of a ring. We are not here to judge others (though we do it all the time). There are bigger and better things to worry about than this crap. This is not a life changing decision for any party involved. For the record, I have returned 1 ring and kept many more, several with intials including a class ring. I made an attempt at finding the original owner (internet search and posting an ad on CL lost and found), to no avail. I'm not gonna spend countless hours on something just to make myself (or anyone else) feel noble. I sleep very well at night knowing that I am an honest and forthright person, regardless if I track down the owner of a lost ring and I damn sure aint turning it in to the local authorities.
I sure have to agree with you on that statement..............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Cappy Z. said:
diggummup "I sleep very well at night knowing that I am an honest and forthright person, regardless if I track down the owner of a lost ring and I damn sure aint turning it in to the local authorities."

I TOTALLY agree. The local authorities including the local police are criminals. Period. :occasion18:
And i have to agree with you also......... I don't know why i am seeing all my thoughts here......... Most of the time ones don't see it my way................... They all pretend to look good to every one............................ And say what they think others want to hear so every one will just love them............

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Isn't that what forums are all about? Showing finds, asking questions, giving opinions. I don't think anyone is saying that they are right or wrong it's just their opinion or what they would do. That's what makes it fun. I don't get mad or upset that I disagree with Keppy or anyone else here it's just fun to talk about it and get different opinions on things and after reading everyone's thoughts then we can form our own thoughts on the matter.

BTW.... I would like peoples OPINION on this. If you found a wallet with $500 cash and a drivers license in it in the woods with no one else around what would you do with it? I probably won't get many replies on this one.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

biggmike said:
BTW.... I would like peoples OPINION on this. If you found a wallet with $500 cash and a drivers license in it in the woods with no one else around what would you do with it? I probably won't get many replies on this one.

I can give you my opinion plus an experience. I found a wallet with over $1200 in it on the street. It had ID in it and I returned it to its rightful owner.
I believe I did the right thing for myself and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Sadly, I think its quite clear that a number of our members here would have kept that $1200 for themselves. :(

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deathhare said:
biggmike said:

I can give you my opinion plus an experience. I found a wallet with over $1200 in it on the street. It had ID in it and I returned it to its rightful owner.
I believe I did the right thing for myself and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Sadly, I think its quite clear that a number of our members here would have kept that $1200 for themselves. :(

Deathhare you found something that someone lost, you could identify the owner and gave it back. I think you did the right thing but others would say you are crazy to give it back. I guess another way to say it is if you dug up a wallet at the beach with cash and a license would you keep it. Not saying either is right or wrong just wondering if the people who would keep the ring would keep the cash from a wallet that the owner could be identified.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

biggmike said:
That's a hard question you put up there............ Knowing who it belongs to makes it a whole different thing...................... I might return it & then i might not ..................I guess it depends what mood i am in that day......................... but like some if i find a ring i will not waste my time to find out who it belong's to i will just put it in my for sale pile..........

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
biggmike said:
That's a hard question you put up there............ Knowing who it belongs to makes it a whole different thing...................... I might return it & then i might not ..................I guess it depends what mood i am in that day......................... but like some if i find a ring i will not waste my time to find out who it belong's to i will just put it in my for sale pile..........

Keppy, we may not agree on this subject but I sure do love the way you tell it like it is. :icon_thumleft:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I thought this was a treasure hunting site...not a treasure returning site? If I find your Ring or your wallet with a ton of cash in it it I will give it right back to you! If I find a wad of cash or a 14K ring with no identifying marks...yea me! Sorry :dontknow:

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I definitely agree on the Criminal Cops...Not all, but I think the scale has tipped a bit too far...What better way to cover up criminal activity than to wear a badge???

HH,

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

biggmike said:
Isn't that what forums are all about? Showing finds, asking questions, giving opinions. I don't think anyone is saying that they are right or wrong it's just their opinion or what they would do.
No, actually there is one person on here who is referring to people as dirtbags and setting himself on a pedestal as "the great and honorable one" who is above all others that disagree with him. Not to mention his trusty sidekick who's sexually themed post was removed, by either the mods or himself. Opinions are fine, just don't start preaching to (and belittling) others, this isn't a house of worship.

biggmike said:
As for the wallet in the woods, right now I would return it, 2 years ago when I was out of work and facing foreclosure and bankruptcy, probably not. Does that make me a dirtbag or less than honest? Think before you answer that. When you judge someone, you don't define them, you define yourself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread