Ok guys and girls, I am going tpo pop the question

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I had a Radio Shack Discovery that would reliably hit a quarter at 2" in air tests. :) I found M1 Garand clips, WWI- and WWII-era brass, old-style ammo can lids, and some other cool relics with it. Of course, that was a virgin site, and one with extremely limited access. I would very much like to go back there with the Deus, but it ain't gonna happen.

I liked that Radio Shack so much that I gave it away a few months ago. It was an utter piece of garbage, but it found me some great stuff and it was what got me interested in this hobby - and even with all of that emotional attachment, I still gave the damned thing away. (And no, I don't want it back.)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've kept all of the detectors that served me well over the 44 years I've detected. Got rid of the ones that didn't work out. I've probably found more good stuff (volumewise) with the White's Eagle 2 SL90, only because I used it for so long. Still a great machine but it doesn't have quite the depth and stability of my E-trac.....my current favorite for land. Getting an Excalibur for salt water beaches was a game changer for me. Until that point, I avoided the wet sand and water as being too unstable to hunt unless I used a PI machine. Too much iron for that so I gave up on the beach until the Excal. My first detector, the Treasure Probe 1V, found the best percentage of silver and wheats, (about 50%) but that was in the early '70's when any machine would do that. I'd hate to have to use that thing today! Good thing it doesn't work anymore or I might be tempted to try it! :laughing7:

cowboy7450

Jun 17, 2014
Katy, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tek. Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Tec. Delta 4000 but always dig more trash than finds lmao

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my White's MXT and that is what I use just about all the time. For the water though, I have a CZ-21 from Fisher and that is a great machine. Only had 1 machine that I did not like but I traded that off. I've found all my silver with my White's except my first one and that was with a Bounty Hunter 202 3 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread