2 new detectors, I am a newbie

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Can't speak for the Bounty Hunter, but my first detector was one from Treasure Hunter, it found all the beer cans I ever wanted. It wouldn't even find the coins I had planted in the yard and there was no support from the company, they would never answer any of my questions so I finally got rid of it and got myself a name brand unit. You might have better luck with them then I did though. I do understand that Bounty Hunter does make a pretty good unit. HH Bob.B

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Can't speak for the Treasure Vision unit, but the BH Lone Star is a great little beginner detector. I used one for a bit and really liked it. I wish I had one now for when I don't want to mess with all of the bells and whistels on my current rig. A great place to ask questions on the Lone Star is at the BH forum at http://www.detecting.com. Just click on the 'Bulletin Board' tab then sign up and sign in. It's a very friendly forum regardless of what detector you swing. Tell 'em Big Bad John sent ya!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I can't speak for either of the two units you have, but when I first started, just 5 months ago, I was using a little $29 Radio Shack unit... I didn't find much at first, but once I got used to reading what the machine was telling me I started finding better targets, insted of trash... I found a 1958/42 Washington Quarters ( silver ), two Indian Head cents 1867/1894, and several little odds & ends... I'm sure the machines you have will work for you and your grand-daughter to have a great time together...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I got a BH PIONEER EX I bought for my kids and I think its a great starter detector. My 16 year old was finding $5.00 to $6.00 a day on vacation @ the Jersey shore over the summer, he probably spent on average 2 hours a day using it.

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I have a BH Quick Draw II. I haven't had any problems with it finding coins and other debris. It does not do well in wet sand at the beach so I am going to get a CZ-20 after Christmas. You should do well with the machines you got. Once you get the bug you will probably want to step up to a more specific machine to hunt what you like , wet sand, prospecting, coin hunting.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 100aces, and welcome to the forum! I keep hearing about these Treasure Hunter machines, in this forum and other places. I do not know anything about them, nor have I heard or read of anyone who does. People keep asking ABOUT them. The Bounty Hunter is a perfectly fine entry level detector (I use their Pioneer 101, but am getting ready to upgrade to a Garrett) and it will find coins for you, especially after you learn it's nuances. I would really be interested in hearing your opinion of the Treasure Hunter compared to the Bounty Hunter after a few months of use. Good luck, and happy hunting to you and your granddaughter!

OP
OP

100aces

Would just like to take a second to thank those who have responded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions