Question about detecting spot.

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
Hey all,

I have located on an old USGS map from 1942 an old house spot about 2 miles from my house, i can search the place np (i have e permission ) but here’s the dilemma.
this land has been planted twice with pines, so that means that it has been logged, and then bedded with a KG blade 2 times, if you do not know what a KG blade is it in the shape of a V and it pushes forward rolling a windrow on both sides about 2-3' tall, within that is sticks and all, so my question is would this be worth detecting?
it has been thinned now and there is a tree about every 35' or so, but it will be tough id imagine.
so to all the more experienced hunters, is this a waste of time?
if i need to be more clear, please let me know.

Justin

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your metal detecting for fun right? If you are in this for profit to pay for your time, your in the wrong hobby. The relics and coins could be buried deeply or turned over to lay near the surface. You just need to get the coil over the target.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go justin,or you'll always wonder what you left out there. hh

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd give it a good shot or 2. You just never know.

I'm hitting an area where they dumped the dredgings from a lake. Found a bottle intact from the early 60's, a couple other later intact bottles, a couple wheaties and a bunch of sinkers and lures....and some miscellanous junk.

This all was dug with an excavator, loaded into triaxle dumps, taken to a field, dumped and then bulldozed over several acres.

It's amazing how stuff can survive the worst beatings. Go for it. :thumbsup:

Al

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
deepskyal said:
I'd give it a good shot or 2. You just never know.

I'm hitting an area where they dumped the dredgings from a lake. Found a bottle intact from the early 60's, a couple other later intact bottles, a couple wheaties and a bunch of sinkers and lures....and some miscellanous junk.

This all was dug with an excavator, loaded into triaxle dumps, taken to a field, dumped and then bulldozed over several acres.

It's amazing how stuff can survive the worst beatings. Go for it. :thumbsup:

I agree, you ought to at least go out there and cover a few swaths. If you continue to find nothing and feel like quitting, you can always go somewhere else. It's all in the hunt bud. Go get 'em!
Al

GringoStarr

Aug 15, 2009
La Florida
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220, Spartan 175, Metrotech 330, Garrett CXiii With Bloodhound Attachment. Garrett Hand Scanner, and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with the Sandman. Head out and swing that coil; until you do you'll never know what's out there.

Regards,

The "Gringo."

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Your metal detecting for fun right? If you are in this for profit to pay for your time, your in the wrong hobby. The relics and coins could be buried deeply or turned over to lay near the surface. You just need to get the coil over the target.

Like he said. Could be out of reach, could be on the surface. That's one reason people like to hunt plowed fields year after year. The plow turns new finds up each year. If those "windrows" are still visible cover both sides.

Shane

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Spend a few hours there and see what you can find. Remember, the property dates way before a house was there, you never know what's been dropped, buried and brought back close to the surface by plowing and roots. Good luck and HH,
-Ox

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll never know if you don't go!

PS, what is a Schunter? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread