Places to Metal Detect Florida

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
The beach is an excellent place with easy digging. Local schools (with permission) and parks are always good choices. If detecting in a park make sure you don't destroy the grounds with sloppy digging. HH

Cal

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
trueblue40 said:
I'm new to metal detecting and would like some information on some good locations to hunt in the Tampa or Bradenton Florida area. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

trueblue40,

me & my mate visit FL twice a year. I enjoy detectin Clearwater Beach and St. Pete's Beach. Really though, IMO, all public beaches from Clearwater to Bradenton has potential! 8)

Welcome to the forum......... :o

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach is always a good place to start. After 5 years, I got burned out on the beach and started to research my area. Checked a few rundown buildings that I never noticed before after driving past them for quite some time. Check your local library and the historical society. Talk to some older residents in your area, they can shed some light on the location of gathering spots from the past. Check your county appraiser, looking for older buildings and their owners(got to get permission, you know). Parks, churches, fairgrounds just to name a few places.

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
go any and everywhere. get permission when necessary. public schools should be open without permission. do check, but they are here in texas. leave the place nicer than when you started. any old drive in theatres? have a blast!!! this is awesome. gf2 in tx

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum. You can detect about anywhere there is ground. Some places you will have to ask permission naturally. Learn how to retrieve a coin without digging a big messy hole. The beaches are naturally good places to search as a dropped coin or ring gets covered with sand and is out of sight till it is in your scoop. Even on the dry sand, cover your holes. Good Luck and go at it.

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
T

trueblue40

Greenie
Sep 21, 2006
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Prism IV
Thanks to all for the suggestions, but my medal detecting is on hold for a little while. Hurt my ankle yesterday. Gotta wait until it heals. Would still still like to see more suggestions though. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread