Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
free bump!!

They are nice detectors. I've had mine for 14 years...made a lot of nice finds using an 8" coil and a Sun Ray DTI III meter...still works well, but now it's serving as backup

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
427mike said:
Can any one tell me if they know any place that will still service my minelab xs or just give it a tune up i just love this detector and its a 1999

I'd send it back to Minelab if it were mine, and get out my backup detector or borrow a friends till they return it. From everything I've ever heard about Minelab, their service is slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. >:(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sovereign XS
or Explorer XS ?

Minelab cannot repair the Sovereign XS if parts
that are out of Production are needed.

Not sure on the Explorer XS

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same goes for the Explorer XS!

OP
OP

427mike

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know if they will still do a tune up?

Col.Philo95thNY

Jul 27, 2007
Ocala, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer I & II, SE Pro, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher 6a, Bounty Hunter LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a shame how progress always replaces other products. I speak this way because thats what they are thought of to the makers. The MineLab Explorer XS is the detector right after the SOV, that's when they added the freq, and a faster processor. I love my too, so it's a touch and go, as not all the parts have been used up and you may find, depending on the part that minelab may still be able to repair your baby.
:metaldetector:

You can always find them for a good price on e-bay and other auction sites, so purchase one or a couple, and when your baby needs a part, just send it in with yours and they can use the part that is available on the one you purchased.
:key:

But... There are draw backs to thisn plan, but, it may still be worth it for you.
:4leafclover:

One, since the parts are going to become harder to find, the tech may remove other parts that are not going to be used, so, you'll have to open the non working XS case and take a picture and or mark your parts. Secondly, the repair bill... what are they going to charge you for the removal of the part and replacing it into your unit ??? Just my thoughts on this issue.

I say this much about the Explorer XS, it was truly a great companion and I keep her stock away just in case I get into certain areas that the newer Explorer's and even the SE Pro are having problems coping with electrical lines, air plane freq, and the ground, because the XS is the most stable of the bunch. I was wondering why when we go out hunting with a couple of the fellas, why my hunting buddy Rick will only hunt with his XS, and many a times he beats us out in silver finds, go figure... Well, HH....

The Colonel :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sovereign XS
or Explorer XS ?

Minelab cannot repair the Sovereign XS if parts
that are out of Production are needed.

Not sure on the Explorer XS
Same thing i wondered...Sovereign xs or Explorer xs... right now i feel lucky i have the Elite and they will still repair it............

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

I say this much about the Explorer XS, it was truly a great companion and I keep her stock away just in case I get into certain areas that the newer Explorer's and even the SE Pro are having problems coping with electrical lines, air plane freq, and the ground, because the XS is the most stable of the bunch. I was wondering why when we go out hunting with a couple of the fellas, why my hunting buddy Rick will only hunt with his XS, and many a times he beats us out in silver finds, go figure... Well, HH....

The Colonel :thumbsup:
You know the old saying "newer is not better " And at times that is true..... My self i have owned every Sovereign made .... And i think the first Sovereign they made back in the early 90's was the best one........ I had the GT and Elite sold the GT.. still use the Elite.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could contact Davespens from here, he works on minelabs and does excellent work ..... Send him a PM and tell him what you want.....I don't know what his schedule is right now so cant tell you any time frame, but I can vouch for his work............

Just send PM to Davespens....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread