What are your detecting goals for 2012?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 25 years (on and off) since I started metal detecting I have never actually set a goal for the year and then actively pursued that goal. Well, this year I have decided that I want to find as many Seated Liberty coins as I can. Dime, quarter, half or dollar. I have only found 2 Seated dimes in 25 years, so you might say I will be desperately seeking Seated. :D

Let's hear what your new years detecting goals are. :hello:

Upvote 0

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Twisted One said:
I think my goals are to find some more locals to detect with, it's like biking or jogging, it's always more fun with a friend. My other goal is that I find anything worth posting!

Great! So then why not at least show what State you're residing in so T-Net Members can see if some of us are within a DD Coil's distance of ya.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
BrianLV said:
Previous goals have been
-Metal detect a gold nugget, done it 3 times
-find authentic Indian Arrowheads, found approx 20 in one location
-bottles, found about five 1800's bottles.

My 2012 goal, to make some Spanish Trail discoveries.

First of all Brian, welcome to T-Net, as well as the addiction as everyone calls it (it's true).

Secondly, in regards to your post, I'd say you'll have the chance to retrieve about dang near ANYTHING in Vegas. My gosh, from American $, to Chinese, to Rupies LOL! Happy hunting pard.

I was very disapointed in my attempts to metal detect in Vegas. They kept kicking me out of the hotel fountains!

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
Twisted One said:
I think my goals are to find some more locals to detect with, it's like biking or jogging, it's always more fun with a friend. My other goal is that I find anything worth posting!

Great! So then why not at least show what State you're residing in so T-Net Members can see if some of us are within a DD Coil's distance of ya.

Opps, thought I set that to show.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply detect as much as I possibly can while seeking out new spots.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I am new to detecting have been in it for a little over a year and just love it. My Goal was to find a sliver half and a coin that was made before the 1900s, I got permission to detect a old school yesterday that is close to my house and with a winter storm forecasted for tonight, I had to hit it today or wait a couple of months for spring. with rain coming down I headed out and 10 minutes later I dug up a barber half 1899 it was so cool I couldn't believe it. I ended the day with the half and 3 Indian head penny's a 1864, 1905, and one that is unreadable. I can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 has to offer. :blob7:

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My re-thought goal for 2012 is to recover 20 Oz of pure gold nuggets and enjoy the $$$
The tax man can keep 10 Oz (50%).
I was going to say find 10 Oz but the tax man would take half, so I raised the bounty! Peace Out!

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flakefinder said:
well I am new to detecting have been in it for a little over a year and just love it. My Goal was to find a sliver half and a coin that was made before the 1900s, I got permission to detect a old school yesterday that is close to my house and with a winter storm forecasted for tonight, I had to hit it today or wait a couple of months for spring. with rain coming down I headed out and 10 minutes later I dug up a barber half 1899 it was so cool I couldn't believe it. I ended the day with the half and 3 Indian head penny's a 1864, 1905, and one that is unreadable. I can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 has to offer. :blob7:

WOW, you have accomplished your goal of finding a silver half and and coin before 1900 in the first 13 days of the year! How awesome is that?

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
In the past years, I've never set any goals....but this year....100 silver coins (any denominations) and 1 gold coin......99 more silvers and only one more gold to make my goals

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got 47 coins with two days to go in the month. That puts me just 953 coins to reach my goal in coins. It looks good for 60 coins for the month depending on how my next two spots turn out. Considering it's the end of Jan. and normally I can't get out once in the month, I'm thrilled.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to find something really unique. I don't care about value.
Personally I like the unusual and funky in art and almost everything.

One really cool find I made was right in our own yard. It was a rather large solid metal horse & rider (some very old toy). It will be mounted to a base and become a conversation piece :thumbsup:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
For possible goals, detect more hours, detect more places, find at least 1 old coin. Best wishes, George (MN)

ds6191

Dec 29, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To finally decide on a new detector.That's the easy one. In my group of dirt diggers 3 of us have found something gold 3 of us have not. I want to be a have and not a have not. ;D A coin like my brother would be really nice but I'll take a ring. Dan :icon_thumright:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted One said:

So I met "Ray in CA" and we have gone out detecting a couple of times so far, and the last time Goldentruth caught up with us on the hunt. So now I know a couple of guys in the area, and hopefully will get to do a lot more detecting with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread