Take Warning (long post)

C

czyuma

Warning Stay Alive!

While out detecting the Quartzsite Arizona area with my Hunting partner we ran across an old workings. The Vertical shaft was right out in the open and any thing could walk into it and fall in. We went to the edge and looked down into the opening of the very large hole and couldn?t see the bottom. We started throwing big rocks down to hear the bottom to determine the depth. It was very deep so I looked around to find something else to throw into the opening and found, off to the side a Railroad Tie, looking for the snakes and other critters that populate the Desert. I dragged the Tie to the edge of the Vertical Shaft and throw it into the opening. Just then a wild Burro ran between me and my hunting partner and jumped into the shaft. We stood there dumb founded at what we just experienced. We went back to my car to get some water and this crusty old prospector walked up to us and asked what we were doing at this site. We told him we were throwing rocks into the shaft and Crusty said what we were doing was very dangerous and un-safe, a lot of people fell in. I told him about the Wild Burro that ran up and jumped into the hole. Crusty said he had his Burro tied to a Railroad Tie by his camp. This just goes to show that no matter how safe you think you are, don?t take chances. A little while latter we gave Old Crusty our bag of Gold Nuggets we found to replace his trusty Burro.

Mike in Yuma

Upvote 0

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I'm a trifle embarassed! I thought he was just being a butthead. I guess I been hanging around the LRL forum too much.lol Fred

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the store the other day when a lady came in with her seeing eye dog. She was wandering around from aisle to aisle and I kind of took an interest in what she was doing. All of a sudden, out of the blue she picked up the dog and started swinging it around in the store by it's tail. Caring for the dog, I said to the lady, "Lady, what the **** do you think you are doing to that dog!". She looked at me and said, "Oh, don't worry, I'm just taking a good look around". Hah!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread