First detector finds!!!!

SilverQuest

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma/Kansas border
I bought an ACE 350 about a year ago. Been so busy, I havent had time to go out to try to detect.

Well the bug has really hit me so I tried around my office, which was an old laundry mat...... here is my first find!!!

a spoon, 2 bottle caps, and a penny.lol

pic of the spoon below. It is Stainless steel.

Oh well i will keep trying.....

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll find stuff! Just keep looking and digging, looking and digging, looking and digging....and then repeat. LOL.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you didn't even find the poor mans gold (pull tab) way to go. Better luck next time........Matt

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the beggining of the addiction!

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just keep practicing, you'll find more as you learn what your detector is telling you.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you hunt trashy areas, the smaller sniper coil might be good a accessory for you to have.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up! All finds are fun, some are worth more than others. The more you swing your coil and dig targets, the better you will get.

Good luck and Happy hunting!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you haven't done so already, put out (or better yet, have someone else put out) some target coins of varying denominations, a silver or gold ring, a gum wrapper, and, then, you attempt to tell what they are with the detector. All the while, be taking mental notes as to what each sounds like and how it looks to the machine (if that machine has a VDI of some sort....I think it does). You can also experiment with your machine's settings, i.e. discrimination, sensitivity, to see how they impact your targets. Don't forget to add something else to the works, like a penny close to a quarter, or, a pull tab by a dime, or, a nail by a nickel, etc. These little practice sessions will go a long way in giving you a heads up on things in the field. Of course, the only way to be 100% sure about any target is to dig it up. ;D

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
If you haven't done so already, put out (or better yet, have someone else put out) some target coins of varying denominations, a silver or gold ring, a gum wrapper, and, then, you attempt to tell what they are with the detector. All the while, be taking mental notes as to what each sounds like and how it looks to the machine (if that machine has a VDI of some sort....I think it does). You can also experiment with your machine's settings, i.e. discrimination, sensitivity, to see how they impact your targets. Don't forget to add something else to the works, like a penny close to a quarter, or, a pull tab by a dime, or, a nail by a nickel, etc. These little practice sessions will go a long way in giving you a heads up on things in the field. Of course, the only way to be 100% sure about any target is to dig it up. ;D

Roland is so right about learning different objects.
Detecting is like learning the piano. With practice, you will master your detector like a fine music instrument.
The more you study it, the better you will be. The difference?...practice with the detector is so much more fun.
And even though you are not a maestro with your detector, you could still unearth a masterpiece that would awe this crowd.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wait until you have your first big find, life will changes as you have known it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread