DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Consumer Electronics Show starts tomorrow and I've been looking at the new camcorders that companies are coming out with. Theres a few good ones, but one that really caught my eye was the Kodak Playfull Dual pocket camcorder. Its listed on their website and its coming out in either february or april. I like it because you can use it like a video camera and a camera. It takes 12 mp pictures which is pretty awesome and has a external microphone which is rarely seen in these kinds of camcorders. Im not sure about its mounting capabilities but im sure it could work somehow. Another awesome thing is that its listed for $199 which helps a lotttt. Just thought I would throw this out there. Here is a link to the website with its info.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PLAYFULL_Dual_Camera/productID.242455100

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was like my Kodak Playsport but the Dual is not weather proof nor water proof like mine.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it prolly won't be the best at the beach, but as long as someone's careful with it, I think it would be great. Play sports only have 5mp pics...the dual will have 12

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also thres another pocket cam comin out called the Toshiba Camileo Air10 that will take 16mp pics. I dont think its waterproof or shockproof either, but thats ok if the conditions arent bad

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Now the bad news ! Kodak just filed for bankruptcy. Frank

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I heard about that, but if there still comin out with the product, I think its still worth it

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a little more money I like the HD Hero 960? It has more accessories, like a chest mount and is waterproof and easy to use. Pix or Video.

Ed D.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if you want to make just detecting videos then mountable camcorders are nice...I saw a website where you can buy a mount for pocket camcorders to. Im just saying that if you wanna take videos, make them easy to share, and then use a decent camera to take pictures of all your finds, this is all in one.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kodak just sold off it'd division that makes the image sensors. This might put a kink in producing this. Frank

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been many reports that most digital cameras and video cameras are just about obsolete because of the telephone capabilities. So you may be saying bye-bye to many more company's.

Just like all of these collectors buying the old SLR cameras, try and find film.. Even professional film is rare. I can't see buying something just to have without being able to enjoy it.. Electronics have taken all the fun out of photography.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The big SLR are going. Small cameras like the Sony Alpha NEX5n will take over on the pro end. Cameras and camcorders have already merged. Some movies have been shot with these crossovers. The big problem with photography is that good pictures were worth money, but now every Tom, Dick, Harry & Mary are giving them away. The media use to pay $100 and up for a photo. Now the dummies are "sharing" them for free. Look at the Wheather Channel. They use to buy good shots. Now they are asking viewers to "share" them.i.e. give them away for free. Yes the camera explosion has killed the business of photography. I use to shoot weddings for $700 a pop, now their "friend" does them for free and it looks like it too. Frank

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my GoPro-great video and stills-no problem with water

nextlevel

Greenie
Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
At first I thought it was like my Kodak Playsport but the Dual is not weather proof nor water proof like mine.

I love my PlaySport so much I purchased a second one, and stashed it in the closet for future use.

I have dropped this thing down concrete stairs from the 2nd floor, and watched it bounce out into the parking lot all while recording in perfect HD.

Even completely submerged it in water a time or two with no problems.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nextlevel said:
Sandman said:

I love my PlaySport so much I purchased a second one, and stashed it in the closet for future use.

I have dropped this thing down concrete stairs from the 2nd floor, and watched it bounce out into the parking lot all while recording in perfect HD.

Even completely submerged it in water a time or two with no problems.

After further research I have my eyes set on the playsport as well. I need the shockproof, waterproof, and dust proof features

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can still buy their stuff. I'd rather get a playsport because their goin down in price and I don't relle care about a warranty and no other company relle makes a camcorder quite like it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A heads up. Just in case you missed it. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Sandman gives a link in the previous post for a giveaway of an Hero HD Pro kit. Looks like a one day giveaway so enter now. It would be good for a TNET member to win!

Ed D

Snickers1

Nov 24, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These little digital cameras are ok for close-up shots, but there is nothing like a good SLR with different lenses. I do own both a small digital camera and a 35mm SLR and I prefer the SLR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions