Getting crowded on the beach

Digaholic

Sep 17, 2010
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four years ago I was the only one hunting the beach here in rhode island after November. Hit the beach last weekend and had six other coils sweeping the sand with me. Everybody respected the zone but I wish they covered their holes when they were done. I'm starting to ask property owners for permission and getting some good results. I believe that's going to happen more these days because people are getting more involved in this hobby and will be hunting in public places more and more. I quess I have to get off my butt and start to creative in where the treasures are hidding. Nice to see others with detectors in my state and enjoying this hobby.

Upvote 0

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digaholic said:
Four years ago I was the only one hunting the beach here in rhode island after November. Hit the beach last weekend and had six other coils sweeping the sand with me. Everybody respected the zone but I wish they covered their holes when they were done. I'm starting to ask property owners for permission and getting some good results. I believe that's going to happen more these days because people are getting more involved in this hobby and will be hunting in public places more and more. I quess I have to get off my butt and start to creative in where the treasures are hidding. Nice to see others with detectors in my state and enjoying this hobby.

Yes, but they need to fill their d*%# holes! I can't stand it when people are lazy and make our hobby have a bad image.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One reason I don't like Bounty Hunter is because it is sold cheaply in big box stores by sales people with pins in their face and no idea what metal detection is about and give no instruction to the customer about filling the holes or not making a mess. Many people don't follow instructions anyway and are just lazy too. With more people in the hobby it creates more more bad feeling toward detectorists along with less targets. We just will have to put up with less targets and try to educate others to be neat before it is to late.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
One reason I don't like Bounty Hunter is because it is sold cheaply in big box stores by sales people with pins in their face and no idea what metal detection is about and give no instruction to the customer about filling the holes or not making a mess. Many people don't follow instructions anyway and are just lazy too. With more people in the hobby it creates more more bad feeling toward detectorists along with less targets. We just will have to put up with less targets and try to educate others to be neat before it is to late.

I fully agree!!!

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt down there so you are not the only one LOL.
I night hunt to avoid people.
As far as the holes go on a beach I say nothing.
Think about it kids leave holes when they build sand castles. The waves come in at high tide in fill them in anyways.
I think it is more important to pick their trash up that they pull out of the holes instead of leaving it there when beach hunting.

Digaholic said:

OP
OP
Digaholic

Digaholic

Sep 17, 2010
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were not kids, leave things as you find them. Laziness is rampant.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sandman said:
Sandman i think we can call them pinheads!!
Gary

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
G.A.P.metal said:
Sandman said:
Sandman i think we can call them pinheads!!
Gary
yup... :icon_thumright:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been hitting R.I. beaches for last 15 yrs 95% of the time in the water though
I still get silver & gold down there

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
just wait until a few new detecting shows air on TV showing silver & gold pulled out effortlessly.........i'm sure that'll spark alot more detector sales :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions