Has anyone Tried....

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
A friend told me of opening the heater box under the dash of old junk cars to find coins that fell through the defroster slots. Some cars yielded pocketfuls of coins including many mercury dimes. Take a screwdriver and pliers. I tried a couple of cars and found only a rat's nest. But I'll keep looking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES CLAY, I'v done it. Three? years ago I went to a U-Pull Junk yard with a friend who needed parts. WHILE he was getting the parts he wanted, I was walking around looking for finds. 7 out of 10 cars, had change laying in them & most was out in the open. some most definately lost by others out of shirt pockets, while getting parts, & some from original vehicle owners. I left the lot with a pocket full of CLAD. and it only took an hour. <> I always ment to get back, and do the whole place, one day, as I only got to one small area of the junkyard, but I? forgot about it , till I saw your post.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Yep lots of stuff in old cars. I found a split bamboo custome Orvis fly rod with two tips in an tube behind the seat of a 67 Camaro we were getting a nose off of! Still use a universal 3/8 drive ratchet I found in another. It is great for doing the plugs in Outboards. Have also found change, and jewlery. Cladius.

1shotcleaner

hi I'm new and i do have a clue i ran a used car lot for 5 years it was a low end one and i junked more than i sold but they are full of coinage i have removed over 150.00 from a single Toyota if you can get permission from the owner or go to a u pullet yard there is a fantastic amount of things to be found in a car and you will only knead a few tools to find it all 12mm socket 10 mm socket 14 mm and may be a 15 mm 3 inch or 6 inch extension a 3/8 ratchet a philips head screwdriver and a flat for prying those stubborn covers off of the seat bolts.or you could go night stalker and just cut the carpet out and smash the console. all of the treasures are usaly under the console and then filter down to the floor boards under the carpet. the seats are the problem if they are removed you can just pull up the carpet and there it is. the back seat is the dangerous spot all kinds of the wrong things end up there and some can be deadly be careful {needles} are the worst. but the finds are grate my hunting knife was found in a car stuffed in the bottom of the seat cushion and my sons was in side of the console of a camaro by the parking brake the console is usually where all of the treasures enter then they can get all over the floore boards there are a lot of Penney's. this is good for some fun money like when your wife says no more toys thats Good place for free money and some cool finds just my thoughts 1shotcleaner

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
We don't have many of the old style junkyards around here anymore, but yep, they were good for all sorts of goodies. One of my favorite junkyard digs was a pile of old commercial washer/dryers that had lots of change in them still. I'm sure we spent that fine old change on cheap beer back in those days.

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 10 years back, my dad was doing some work for a guy that collected coins. He also restored old cars. He cut open the front seat of one of the cars and found 2 Morgan dollars, one of which he gave to my dad. I have it now, and it's a 1921P in AU condition...I'm not sure what the other one was like that he found, but this one is very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread