Sign of the Times !!

zone3799

Greenie
Jun 23, 2008
Melbourne - Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 / Garrett / Sea Hunter MK11
Hi all , went detecting early New Years Day , no one around ( 5am - 9am ) on the beach , there were New Years fireworks here last night , lots of people e.t.c...Sitting on a Rock was a Cell Phone ( we call them Mobile Phones here in Oz ! ) . So I picked it up and checked it out . It was of good quality and fairly new .It was turned off so I eventually got it switched on and thought I would wait for some one to call so I could trace it back to its owner :-X . After a while the phone turned itself off. Kept on detecting and then moved on to another area , only finding a bit of rubbish with my Ace 250 , no coins but that's the way it goes sometimes . So after around 4 hours including a beautiful sunrise a bit of trash and a Phone I headed back home , told my landlord about the phone and went to catch up on some sleep. .........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anyways I get woken up by my landlord , he says the owners of the Cell Phone were here ! I stumbled out of bed and went outside with the Cell Phone . I tried to ring several times the owner said and no-one answered ! I said the phone was off that's why it didn't ring ! But how did you know it was here I asked .

Answer = Even though the phone was switched off , we tracked it via GPS to this house !!!

So comes to the end of story , do the right thing or you will be found out . .... Got a thank you card in the mail yesterday , Cool ! Happy New Year to All , regards Zone3799

Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What no money-Mate? (Ribbing)
At first i thought you were going to hit a find... Like a reward so you could upgrade your "Ace M.D". or get a flog. Blimey! Now back to the "Battlecruzer", "Good as gold", before I start again tomorrow... Oi

OP
OP
Z

zone3799

Greenie
Jun 23, 2008
Melbourne - Australia
Detector(s) used
Dear Golden Truth , don't want to brag but in the

1st. year of detecting using my Garrett Ace 250 I found over $1400.00 just in $1 and $2 coins !! ( this does not include all other coin and jewellry finds )

Yes we are lucky here in Oz :tongue3:, some clever came up with a 2 dollar coin that is half the size of a 1 dollar coin !! So easy to lose :-X

Our $2 coin is about 1/2 inch round .

2nd year Ace 250 total = $1600 in $1 and $2 coins e.t.c......brag, brag, brag ..e.t.c...

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story :icon_thumright:

That's why I don't travel with a mobile :wink:

My destination is my business, not anyone else's.

Don't know how it works down there mate but here in the US the mobile is the new "DNA".

More crooks have been caught by the electronic "cell" then the biological one :laughing7:

OP
OP
Z

zone3799

Greenie
Jun 23, 2008
Melbourne - Australia
Detector(s) used
Hey Jeep , that is very interesting and yet disturbing at the same time ! Probably best to have 2 phones , 1 for business and one for Beep Beep days ! (Private days that is , weekends/holidays e.t.c...)

The way things are going before to long we will be able to see a youtube clip on what we will be doing 2morrow!! :laughing7:

What's the difference between an oral thermometer and an an al thermometer ? ============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================ It's the taste !! ;D

I promise no more , please don't report me . have a nice day

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that joke :laughing7:

I actually saw that on a episode of America's funniest home videos, a dad did it to his daughter :laughing9:

I do have a phone with the battery & sim card stored separately, in the glove box. It is one of those
buy a card and activate ones with no ID. Gotta buy a new card every two years as they expire whether you
use them or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread