Tot lot hunting & Garrett pro pointer

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tot lot hunting & Garrett pro pointer

The weather gave me a chance to get the Fisher F5 out for a little bit. It was windy and cold, but I had to give it a few swings! I headed to a tot lot in the area that I have hunted in the past when I owned the Ace 250. To my surprise they have redone the entire thing! New equipment and all. And instead of woodchips (or mulch or whatever you want to call it) they have used the ground up tire stuff. I was a little concerned at first, but realized that all the metal had been removed from the small pieces and the F5 was working very well. I only found 2 pennies and a bit of junk, but since this place was just redone recently that didn't really surprise me. The one thing that did surprise me was, how hard it was to find the items I was digging! The tire pieces weren't just black, and it seemed everything blended together! So it told a few extra sweeps to actually find things after I started digging. That said, I have just ordered the Garrett propointer! Everyone says it saves time and that would have been really nice today since it was definatley cold and windy enough that I didn't stay out near as long as I would have liked to! The one question I do have about the propointer is there any issue with interference with the MD? I think I read where there isn't, but am curious. Thanks for any replies.

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tot lot hunting & Garrett pro pointer

I have the pro pointer also and I will not leave home without it. You will not have ay interference with the detector. I also hunt in tot lot where they have put in ground up tires and never had a problem finding my target. Enjoy your new toy and happy hunting......Matt

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No Problems With Interference Here!! Except If i leave it on the Ground When I start to Rescan the Hole!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Chug

OP
OP
C

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yes Chug! I actually left the digger a little to close to the hole when I was rescanning today! Makes you perk up pretty quick until you realize what your coil just swept across! Thanks for the comments! I'm hoping the weather will hold out and give me a few more early season hunts! :icon_thumleft:

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Propointer actually makes a dandy littley locator for anything that may be close to the surface. Just move it around you digging area, sliding it on its' side.

OP
OP
C

chris725

Greenie
Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Today was another great day, weather wise, to get out and keep learning the F5. This morning I was at a old farm house, found one penny, a few shell casing, and bits of this and that. It was real thrashy around the house itself so I kinda stayed away from there. So, I come back home and and there on the porch is the box with my 5" DD coil! ;D So, I grab a bite to eat and headed back out to another spot that was also trashy. I was very impressed with the way the 5" coil separated everything! I did have to remember to slow down my swing at first, but got used to it pretty quick. I didn't have to much time this evening so I did just hunt on the higher end of the descrimination. Now I just need that Pro pointer to get here! :icon_thumleft:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good informative post!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread