Id Love to MD ....but that will only happen when heck freezes over.....

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd Love to MD ....but that will only happen when heck freezes over.....

We've all got places where we'd almost kill to be able to detect. But it's never going to happen in our lifetimes. Here are a few of my contenders:
--Grounds of the Capital Building.
--Grounds of the White House. (Okay so I'm a geek for politics)
--Valley of the Kings
--Indianapolis Motor Speedway...probably the biggest concentration of pull tabs known to mankind.

Upvote 0

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: I'd Love to MD ....but that will only happen when heck freezes over.....

Don't forget Daytona while you're at it... Yeah, the White House would be really cool.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

An old Farm in Muskegon Michigan, The place has a very dark past, 1920's, Local home of the KKK. I do NOT like what they stood for, but sure do want on that Farm. Big History.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

K Zack said:
An old Farm in Muskegon Michigan, The place has a very dark past, 1920's, Local home of the KKK. I do NOT like what they stood for, but sure do want on that Farm. Big History.

Yep! That would be interesting! :evil5:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

okdiggermark said:
K Zack said:

Yep! That would be interesting! :evil5:

A little more info on this farm.It has only been in the past few years that some of the names are coming out.
I went to school just 1/4 mile down the road from this place.
I stoped at their Farm store almost every day for candy.
I had No Clue.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...IBAJ&sjid=YOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6558,9593039http://

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Mount Vernon. :icon_thumright:

MichaelMartin

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Eagles nest

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And not to forget about all the homesteads that are deteriorated beyond you know what, and dang good luck finding the owner/permission to hunt them!

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a piece of property about 30 miles from me that is private property, and at one time in the very early 1900's was a hot springs resort, which was stomping grounds for some very VIP sorts, some of the biggest names of the times were reportedly there at some point.
Supposedly burned down for the third time around 1915 and was never rebuilt.

Someone recently purchased that piece of property for $2 million dollars, and when I contacted the owner, they said something to the effect of, "The grounds are posted as no trespassing, and they will remain that way." :(

Other then that I would love to go around around the lakes that are on the National Park service lands that are off limits. Should be a lot of old trappers camps up there.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Cool topic, lots off limits,
On the Egypt flavour, how bout a search around all those underwater columns, statues etc off the shallow shores of Alexandria - I read somewhere that at least 1/3 of the old city is now with the fish. I saw amazing things in that Country - best of all I was young and stupid and travelling with equally mad best friends when I went there so I probably did some stuff that was a bit naughty and If you can take the heat visit in the height of summer to find yourself virtually alone from tourists. I jumped the rope in King Tut's little tomb and actually lay in the (whatever it is called) body shape, foot or so deep depression where the gold sarcophagus was laid to rest, I have a photo somewhere!
Other world spot I've seen that would be quality - the grounds of Ankor Watt and other watts in Cambodia - lots of lawn and close jungly bits, you might even find an old landmine for a souvie!
How bout Chinese temple grounds - might draft a permission letter or two now...... I might invite Donald Trump to help?

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II

USMA at West Point

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always thought professional football fields and baseball fields
those guys all wear diamond earings and gold chains - some wear rings on throwing hand
got to be some lost out there over the years

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There is an old homestead in Glacier National Park where an ol gal made moonshine. The rail road came through along the middle fork of the Flathead river. The train pull up across the river and blow its horn for how much shine she was to bring over. The area is extremely long way from any town, so where do you think that money is. I would love to try and find out.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Mzjavert said:
--Indianapolis Motor Speedway...probably the biggest concentration of pull tabs known to mankind.

Wouldn't that be great?

I am a huge fan of IndyCar, and live within a short drive of the Motor Speedway. I have thought about MDing those grounds many times.

Can you imagine the coins that you would find there? The first races were held in 1909, and it was a farm before that. I wonder how many Barbers are laying in the ground there, not to mention 55 years of silver coins. Can you imagine the jewelry alone?

It would probably be best, though, if we could use D8 dozers to skim off the first two feet of top soil on the entire infield, and run it through a wash plant similar to those used at gold mines...on account of all the millions of pull tabs and can slaw.

Not that I am going to try it, nor recommend it to anyone...but if you could make it on Carb Day, or race day...and parked in the infield...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What a scary thought... I mean... hell freezing over. All my old girlfriends would show up at my RV... you know... those I told to "Go to (heck)". TTC

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC said:
What a scary thought... I mean... hell freezing over. All my old girlfriends would show up at my RV... you know... those I told to "Go to (heck)". TTC

So all your ex's aren't in Texas? LOL Great to see ya Terry, where the heck ya been hidin?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

It would be great to pick ones own sites.

Picture a "reality" show where you have permission to detect and dig any site, anywhere. You'd need a partner to exchange the usual space filler "American Pickers, etc." phoney scripted lingo (insults, cussing, drama queen, etc.).

A horseshoe from the White House lawn would bring an easy $100,000 on ebay. A beer bottle cap from James Dean's original home would bring $1,000 or more if documented and properly promoted.

Now we won't even think about Elvis or of America's most famous painter Jackson Pollock. A tiny painting by Pollock is worth several million. Large ones fetch 100's of millions. A dug paint can lid or most anything from his yard would probably bring $10,000 or more on the bay.

Yup, this could really get one ta thinkin.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hiding in plain sight, you Okie! Nice to hear from you. TTC

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Parthenon.

The grounds around the Tower of London.

Dublin Castle.

Boston Common.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gettysburg! That would be real cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread