ok V3 & E-trac owners speak up! POLL! VOTE!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ok V3 & E-trac owners speak up!

there has to be more of you out there than 8...

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: ok V3 & E-trac owners speak up! POLL! VOTE!

11 votes???? Wow. Participation is weaker than I'd have thought... Maybe too many are in hibernation Chuck.... LOL

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

okdiggermark said:
11 votes???? Wow. Participation is weaker than I'd have thought... Maybe too many are in hibernation Chuck.... LOL

I am surprised too... I figure we would of had a little competition going here...

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

chukers said:
okdiggermark said:

I am surprised too... I figure we would of had a little competition going here...

Well at 6 to 5, it's a close race......the # of responses is just a bit sad. Lol. Guess you're just gonna have to shell out $1.5k and be the judge yourself. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

okdiggermark said:
chukers said:
okdiggermark said:

Well at 6 to 5, it's a close race......the # of responses is just a bit sad. Lol. Guess you're just gonna have to shell out $1.5k and be the judge yourself. :icon_scratch:

I can see your logic with that... but since I am a happy V3i owner it would be extremely hard for me to justify it... if that once in a lifetime find comes along then maybe I will then.

so for now I'll work with all the info you guys supply.

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wouldn't blame you a bit. You've got a hell of a machine.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

okdiggermark said:

Thanks... I am sure you do too... I just don't know it first hand...

now I know upgrading detectors really helps... I convinced my hunting partner to move up from the Ace 250 to the Vx3 and its obvious he is doing better... but its hard to upgrade when you are at the top huh... lol

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

chukers said:
okdiggermark said:

Thanks... I am sure you do too... I just don't know it first hand...

now I know upgrading detectors really helps... I convinced my hunting partner to move up from the Ace 250 to the Vx3 and its obvious he is doing better... but its hard to upgrade when you are at the top huh... lol

LOL! I recon it is.

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chuck, I've got about 3 hrs experience with my Etrac now since I've had it. I went from a Garrett Freedom 2 Plus made in the 1990's that was beep & dig, and overwhelmed is a very good word for what I'm feeling right now. BUT! I can already begin to hear the slurry difference between a nickel and a pulltab (even though I don't fully trust myself with it yet) and I will say it's as stable as an anvil! It can CREEP over a target and give a SLOW detailed sound of each target there. I've already dug a dime about an inch from a nail, and a copper penny at about 8-9 inches. It just finds soooooooo much stuff it's overwhelming and there's NO WAY I can dig everything. Anyhow.....from an Etrac Noob.....for all it's worth, I'm already extremely impressed.

Beat of decision making to you bud.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh I didn't realize you had so little time on it... I remember when I first got my V3i it took me 2 to 3 weeks to make sense of it.... in fact I sill learn what its trying to tell me.. and I have almost 2 years on it hunting 3 to 5 times a week 1 to 3 hours each time... so I know what you are going through. Keep at it it will get easier.

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

chukers said:
Oh I didn't realize you had so little time on it... I remember when I first got my V3i it took me 2 to 3 weeks to make sense of it.... in fact I sill learn what its trying to tell me.. and I have almost 2 years on it hunting 3 to 5 times a week 1 to 3 hours each time... so I know what you are going through. Keep at it it will get easier.

Chukers

Oh don't worry....I'll stay at it for sure. This hobby (addiction) as well as the machine, are tough to walk away from.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Both are great detectors. If I had to choose only one I'd go with the V3i. I do think the E-Trac does make finding those really deep coins in hard hit sites a tab bit easier right out of the box. With the V3i the same deep coins can be more iffy, but once you've got some time in on the V3i it does just as well. The V3i does much better on jewelry, relics and prospecting.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger said:
Both are great detectors. If I had to choose only one I'd go with the V3i. I do think the E-Trac does make finding those really deep coins in hard hit sites a tab bit easier right out of the box. With the V3i the same deep coins can be more iffy, but once you've got some time in on the V3i it does just as well. The V3i does much better on jewelry, relics and prospecting.

oh man and the tiny tiny stuff it finds is unbelievable... we got some small pieces of silver jewelery recently and they were loud and clear like a silver dime would be... I have found tiny thing 1/8 of in inch in size and it rang up loud and clear its got some kind of signal amplification on it I think. I find tiny stuff all the time.

Chukers

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Okay.....results are MD tallied. Although a low response, how ya feelin now that it's been a while? Just curious Chuck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread