Garret Ace 250

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
PhiladelphiaForever said:
I just got the Garret Ace 250 ...any advice ?
[/quote/]

its a great detector, simple, and fast, I have one that i have had for awhile, and still use it.
look into a sniper coil for those thick places.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 250 is a nice machine. It is a good machine to learn how to detect. At least for me it was. The best advice I can give is learn the machine before you think you need to buy an upgrade. Even though it is a simple machine, there is a learning curve. Give yourself at least nine months on the machine before you think you need an upgrade.

-Swartzie

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Dig anywhere you can in Philly. Lots of old areas with silver to be found!!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Phlia Forever
Welcome to treasurenet ,you are going to love this place.
Go out in the yard take some coins, ring, pultab,old rusty nail....all kinds of metal stuff....watch how your detector reacts to all of them,and listen how it reacts to them
use low disc.turning up and down see where it knocks out some things like that Rusry nail just learn it while in your yard ,just turning the disc up to where you knock out pulltabs YOU WILL LOSE a lot of valueable signels like a gold anything.
See just how hot you can run the detector in a coupe of week after you go a pratice.
A lot of people will help a lot of ACE users here ,you got a great machine there i hope you find the fun stuff Remember if your not diggin some junk you doin it Wrong.
LEAVE THE GROUND THE WAY YOU FIND IT or better cover your holes and take any junk with you PLEASE.
Thanks G.A.P.metal

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
Great detector...I use it and a Vaquero...a lot! Look up my name in the search engine and read some of my past posts. Or...as I've said before...it's good right out of the box but sooooooo much better after you learn it (around 100 hours or so). Try this: 1. for your first 10 hours, hunt in ALL METAL only and DIG EVERYTHING!!!! You won't be able to learn faster than that! 2. For general purpose hunting, put it in the JEWELRY mode and leave it there while digging everything. 3. finally look up what I said on "cherry picking" and the settings I used.

You'll know when it's time to upgrade....when the finds from the ACE 250 are saved up and sold to buy you your next detector, if one is even needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread