Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you other Whites users speak up!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I wanted to mention about upper end whites machines... from the Spectrum Eagle (older & heavier) to the XLT DFX V3X, Vision V3 & V3i they all have a certain feel to them they are very comfortable to swing... very well balanced.... even though they are not a "light" detector I have no fatigue at all with them I can swing it for 2 to 3 hours non stop ( which I usually do) with no pain or muscle fatigue. in fact its so well balanced I can swing it hanging on the the hand grip with one finger... now this all might be me but I have never hear anyone else make this claim. in fact any other detectors I have tried just don't have this feel. It really feels like part of my arm and not something attached to it.

Can any of you other Whites users confirm or deny this? Please comment.

Chukers

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you others Whites users speak up!

Frankn said:
An old Fisher 8x will outperform those minelabs and it is probably lighter.

The fisher 8x is designed as an underwater exploratory tool. It's meant for finding cannons and cannon balls buried under the sand. They do a horrible job at find small single targets and would be almost useless in a park since they are a PI unit.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you others Whites users speak up!

I hate to burst your baloon, Jason, but they make a beach version set up like a regular detector. And as you said it is a PI unit that goes deep, But as you don't know they are extremely sensative to small items as well. I have seen them used on the beach. You said they were not suited for regular detecting because they used PI. for your info, the big Mine labs are PI detectors. I thought there was something fishey about your post.

Attachments

• Fish Pap 1.jpg
    Fish Pap 1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 359

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
I hate to burst your baloon, Jason, but they make a beach version set up like a regular detector. And as you said it is a PI unit that goes deep, But as you don't know they are extremely sensative to small items as well. I have seen them used on the beach. You said they were not suited for regular detecting because they used PI. for your info, the big Mine labs are PI detectors. I thought there was something fishey about your post.

There you go trying to start shit with more half truths again. Did I ever say that a Minelab PI was useful in a park? Nope, that's you trying to start crap. The Fisher 8x is a Fisher 8x. There is no "beach" version that is extremely sensitive to small gold. If the 8x was such a wonderful beach (or park) machine as you claim, why don't we see large numbers of them being used? Oh, it's because people buy what works, and the 8x is not even close to the best machine for a beach or a park.

If I want a detector for searching for shipwrecks at 150 feet deep I will probably reach for an 8x or 10x. If I am topside, there are much better options.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Jason, when Keppy mentioned using a donkey harness with a Minelab It was a refrence to the large units like the 5000 series. When I mentioned the 8X had a beach version it is because I have seen it used on the beach and seen ads for them on E Bay that shows a girl using one on the beach.

Attachments

• hand print_edited-2.jpg
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 462
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 464
OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for screwing up this thread! MODERATORS delete the off topic CARP!

Chukers

raider rich

Greenie
Mar 20, 2011

Im haveing a blast. This is good reading

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

OK Jason, Now you find out how wrong you can be. Go to E bay and search metal detector fisher 8x and you will see the girl using one on the beach. I am waiting for your apology For calling me a liar. Lets see how much of a man you really are. Frank

Attachments

• hot cat 2.jpg
    hot cat 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 382
  • hot cat 2.jpg
    hot cat 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 388

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Being new to the hobby and my MXT Pro being the only one I have ever really used, I can not compare to other models, or brands.

But I can say my first day out my should hurt like hell the next day, after that it barely phases me. And now when I go out I can swing it for a long time with hardly any discomfort, I am sure by the end of summer it will not even bother me.

As far as balance, I love it, with my arm in the cup, and hand on the handle it is like an extension of my arm, no strain on the elbow, or wrist. I can not complain at all. I was warned about the weight of it compared to some other machines, but it hasn't bothered me.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
OK Jason, Now you find out how wrong you can be. Go to E bay and search metal detector fisher 8x and you will see the girl using one on the beach. I am waiting for your apology For calling me a liar. Lets see how much of a man you really are. Frank

oooooh, a picture of someone holding it on the beach! WOW FRANK! That HAS to mean that this is some brand new "beach" version. There are so many names that apply to you about this, but I'm trying to be civil so I'll just leave it that you are WRONG. Just like I said before, an 8X is an 8X, and it's not even close to being the best choice for a beach hunter.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Jason, in topic post 20 you state that the 8X is used to find canons and canon balls, but is horable at finding small targets.
in topic post 22 you say there is no "beach" version that is sensitive to small gold.
in topic post 26 I give you the location for the Fisher ad on E Bay [ metal detectors fisher 8X ] showing a girl using the beach version. Do you really think Fisher is advertising a detector for something it can't do? The reason you don't see many is the price which is over a thousand. It's like you don't see as many Cadillacs as Chevys because of the price. Do yourself a favor and get your information straight instead of attacking other members with your lack of it.

Attachments

• Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 237
  • Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 237

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just to clear up the off topic discussion..... Are you talking about the Fisher Pulse 8X? http://www.jwfishers.com/p8x.htm

The one that says With a 200 foot depth rated housing and a 6 foot maximum detection range, the Pulse 8X is Fishers top of the line detector. It's heavy duty construction and high sensitivity make the Pulse 8X the choice of professionals everywhere. This commercial-grade metal detector is used by treasure hunters, commercial diving companies, law enforcement agencies, and military units worldwide.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Thank you Twisted, but I don't believe Jason cares about anything but his own unbacked opinion.

Attachments

hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 229
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 228

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
Thank you Twisted, but I don't believe Jason cares about anything but his own unbacked opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't backin anyone, I'm new to the hobby and don't know anything. All I know is a search for Fisher 8X came up with this on the first page, not sure why nobody knows about Google yet, it's all the rage here....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Chuckers pardon me terribly for the off topic carp. I too am guilty. Now, as far a balance goes, everyone agrees the Whites are off the hook. :icon_thumleft:

gfulton

Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used a eagle spectrum since 1996, still preforms nicely. How much deeper are the new machines(V3, etc.)...........Gary

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gfulton said:
I've used a eagle spectrum since 1996, still preforms nicely. How much deeper are the new machines(V3, etc.)...........Gary

I have the V3i now... previously I used a Spectrum Eagle and I love it... the V3i is obviously lighter but still just as balanced and as far as depth the newer ones do go deeper but more importantly they give you so much more info to help you determine if its a worthy target tot dig. I did much less trash than I did with the Spectrum.

Chukers

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well balance is the the key and White's nailed it. White's do fill like an extension of your arm, and my surf master ll amphibious land or sea is so light and power full, it will make a tessoro sit up and take notes. I love my White's detectors......

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread