Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you other Whites users speak up!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I wanted to mention about upper end whites machines... from the Spectrum Eagle (older & heavier) to the XLT DFX V3X, Vision V3 & V3i they all have a certain feel to them they are very comfortable to swing... very well balanced.... even though they are not a "light" detector I have no fatigue at all with them I can swing it for 2 to 3 hours non stop ( which I usually do) with no pain or muscle fatigue. in fact its so well balanced I can swing it hanging on the the hand grip with one finger... now this all might be me but I have never hear anyone else make this claim. in fact any other detectors I have tried just don't have this feel. It really feels like part of my arm and not something attached to it.

Can any of you other Whites users confirm or deny this? Please comment.

Chukers

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you others Whites users speak up!

chukers said:
One thing I wanted to mention about upper end whites machines... from the Spectrum Eagle (older & heavier) to the XLT DFX V3X, Vision V3 & V3i they all have a certain feel to them they are very comfortable to swing... very well balanced.... even though they are not a "light" detector I have no fatigue at all with them I can swing it for 2 to 3 hours non stop ( which I usually do) with no pain or muscle fatigue. in fact its so well balanced I can swing it hanging on the the hand grip with one finger... now this all might be me but I have never hear anyone else make this claim. in fact any other detectors I have tried just don't have this feel. It really feels like part of my arm and not something attached to it.

Chukers
I use the MXT and it is almost like useing a Tesoro for weight..... They look kind of big and heavy but they are so well balanced they seem really light............ That could be the reason they do not change there design on there V3 & MXT & DFX , M6 , GMT , GMC , You get the idea....... Some don't like there looks but i think they were built like that to make them well balanced.....Which was a good design for there detectors.............. Just my idea......

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Heavy but well balanced? My V3 is for me.. all you others Whites users speak up!

Keppy said:
chukers said:

Chukers
I use the MXT and it is almost like useing a Tesoro for weight..... They look kind of big and heavy but they are so well balanced they seem really light............ That could be the reason they do not change there design on there V3 & MXT & DFX , M6 , GMT , GMC , You get the idea....... Some don't like there looks but i think they were built like that to make them well balanced.....Which was a good design for there detectors.............. Just my idea......

I agree... the Eagle Spectrum & XLT were similar they were just the predecessor to the current machines... great design!

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never notice the weight and its balanced perfect for me. i like the v3i

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I agree-I think it is balanced quite well and i can swing it for 4-5 hours at a time with no problem. I do like shortening up the rod as much as I can so my arm hangs more "natural". I have used the 5900 for years so the v3 is no problem.
Great machine.

Palmetto

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm currently using a Whites M6 and I can swing it all day long, can't say that about my Fisher CZ-7a Pro (great machine but gets heavy). I have 3 different Whites units and all feel the same in weight and balance to me.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am really glad to know that I am not alone on this... After using a whites and then I go to use a differetn brand I just can't stand it... its so awkward for me.

Chukers

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not the latest machines, but I can swing my SurfMaster all day without even thinking about being tired. I don't ever remember getting sore or tired from swinging my old 6000 ProSl either.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I still love my 6000Di pro but compared to the Vision, (bought when they were first available and now called V3), I find the 6000 heavy and cumbersome. I have developed some wrist problems so using the 6000 for any length of time gets painful. I constantly, like every 5 minutes or so, switch it back and forth between hands. Just love the 6000 but.....

That's why I bought the Vision. Had bought the DFX but really didn't like it so I sold it and bought the vision which I think is a great machine. You are right...it is very well balanced and makes a huge difference in the pressure on my wrist. I can go a whole lot longer before switching hands and can detect longer before tiring of switching hands. I've gone from detecting an hour or so to detecting several hours....when I get the time that is.

I still use the 6000 but generally after I've done some hunting first with the Vision. I'm sure in time, once I really learn and trust the Vision to the point I'm sure I'm not missing something that I may have hit with the 6000, I'll be total Vision dedicated. Getting pretty close.

Al

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Well, after swinging an XLT since they first came out, I can say they are not excessively heavy and I do swing them all day sometimes, But the "big" box design is dated and should be revised. If you look inside the box, you see plenty of empty space. I can envision a whole new design of detector that used a light weight etched coil design and a counterbalanced instrument pack mounted on a carbon fiber shaft. WHITES, ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!! Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deepskyal said:
I still love my 6000Di pro but compared to the Vision, (bought when they were first available and now called V3), I find the 6000 heavy and cumbersome. I have developed some wrist problems so using the 6000 for any length of time gets painful. I constantly, like every 5 minutes or so, switch it back and forth between hands. Just love the 6000 but.....

That's why I bought the Vision. Had bought the DFX but really didn't like it so I sold it and bought the vision which I think is a great machine. You are right...it is very well balanced and makes a huge difference in the pressure on my wrist. I can go a whole lot longer before switching hands and can detect longer before tiring of switching hands. I've gone from detecting an hour or so to detecting several hours....when I get the time that is.

I still use the 6000 but generally after I've done some hunting first with the Vision. I'm sure in time, once I really learn and trust the Vision to the point I'm sure I'm not missing something that I may have hit with the 6000, I'll be total Vision dedicated. Getting pretty close.

Al

I was the same way going from my eagle spectrum to my V3i... you are correct you will get used to the newer machine and in time will trust it more... the key is to stop using the old detector or it will never happen.

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
Well, after swinging an XLT since they first came out, I can say they are not excessively heavy and I do swing them all day sometimes, But the "big" box design is dated and should be revised. If you look inside the box, you see plenty of empty space. I can envision a whole new design of detector that used a light weight etched coil design and a counterbalanced instrument pack mounted on a carbon fiber shaft. WHITES, ARE YOU LISTENING!!!!! Frank

I suspect the design is the way it is for more than our weight concerns & convenience... I bet its a lot easier and quicker to repair machines in a "box design" than it would on others... part of why they have such great service... just another way of looking at it.

Chukers

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

You have a good point Chuker, but you don't really think they repair those things , do you? In most cases they [can] the board and pop another in. It is far cheaper in the long run for them. Some of the new boards are the "deposited type that can't be replaced. I worked in electronics for 32 years and saw it evolve. The new TV sets have welded on shielding over the RF section. If you sent it in for repairs you most likely would get a new unit. As far as size, the board in a Surfmaster PI is about 4 sq. ". Frank

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
You have a good point Chuker, but you don't really think they repair those things , do you? In most cases they [can] the board and pop another in. It is far cheaper in the long run for them. Some of the new boards are the "deposited type that can't be replaced. I worked in electronics for 32 years and saw it evolve. The new TV sets have welded on shielding over the RF section. If you sent it in for repairs you most likely would get a new unit. As far as size, the board in a Surfmaster PI is about 4 sq. ". Frank

oh yeah they replace the board not components its been that way for 20+ years... I don't remember the last time I soldered anything it probably was a laptop power connector... and that was a few years ago.

Chukers

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Frankn said:
Frankn..... You know what they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.... And the Whites balance is not broke it works fine............ You don't want them to become like the goverment now do you ... It works fine so let's fix it...... Then it don't work worth crap.... That is what's happen when you fix things that don't need fixed........

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Oh, words of wisdom Keppy, but I was not speaking of fixing. I was speaking of a new generation of detector. Not only balanced, but lite as well because no matter how well balanced you are still carring the weight. We have the materials and the compact electronics to do it. Those to slow to adapt are left behind. Look at Garrett. They hung on to that big heavy detector so long they had to play catchup with their new detector.First Texas has pushed hard with the modernization of the brands they controll. I expect to see a new version of the 2 Box which is a telescopic carbon fiber poll with the electronics built right in the pole. Some one is going to do it and they will be the leader of the band.
Frank

Attachments

• Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 448
  • Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    Frankn-3 Eagle_edited-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 446

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Frankn said:
Oh, words of wisdom Keppy, but I was not speaking of fixing. I was speaking of a new generation of detector. Not only balanced, but lite as well because no matter how well balanced you are still carring the weight. We have the materials and the compact electronics to do it. Those to slow to adapt are left behind. Look at Garrett. They hung on to that big heavy detector so long they had to play catchup with their new detector.First Texas has pushed hard with the modernization of the brands they controll. I expect to see a new version of the 2 Box which is a telescopic carbon fiber poll with the electronics built right in the pole. Some one is going to do it and they will be the leader of the band.
Frank
Well Fisher already makes a light detector.......... And look at Minelab they make detectors you have to wear donkey harness to use and those guys keep buying them why?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy said:
Well Fisher already makes a light detector.......... And look at Minelab they make detectors you have to wear donkey harness to use and those guys keep buying them why?

Because they work, and work better than most others on the market.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

An old Fisher 8x will outperform those minelabs and it is probably lighter.

Attachments

• hand print_edited-2.jpg
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 303

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread