Minelab X-TERRA 505

jd5105

May 20, 2009
West Monroe, La.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1260x, BountyHunter DE280 Outlaw, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been thinking of getting a new detector and have narrowed it down to the 505, Omega 8000, or a Vaquero. I have watched some of the few english Youtube videos on the 505 and it looks like a fine machine. I downloaded the user manual for it and it looks like it is not too complicated. I have never used a target ID detector, mine is a Fisher 1260-X (reason for considering the Vaquero). Good luck with your new detector and be sure to post some pics of your finds!

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kgunn said:
Just letn my gang know, its in da house, oh yeah!!!

kgunn

My new one is here also! Yeah, finally! I'm still a bit overwhelmed, and haven't had much swing time thanks to winter weather, but it's starting to feel more comfortable. Best of luck to you kgunn! Glad it arrived!

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mark. it works very well but mostly clad found n pulltabs n one miniball found. sure could use a gold bar tho lol

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 505! I had the 705 last year, before upgrading to the ETrac and loved it. Found some great stuff. I just got another detector a few days ago. AT Pro for my rainy day hunts. Seems like everyone is getting new detectors this week!?!?!

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thx u. best of luck to ya. let us knw how it goes.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know Minelab makes "The best in the world" as they advertise. I am glad your in the club. It takes time to learn the machines and in no time you are sure to be a pro. Remember, Ya never know what your gona find.
Best of luck to you friend.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
I know Minelab makes "The best in the world" as they advertise. I am glad your in the club. It takes time to learn the machines and in no time you are sure to be a pro. Remember, Ya never know what your gona find.
Best of luck to you friend.
Im ready to go out with my MD but it is rainy and colder than a witches "T" over here, almost got snow. Can't wait for things to warm up so I can hit some goodies, Later brother.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How Do Kgunn: I just posted today 3/19/2012 about my new MD I just got in from UPS a whites Goldmaster GMT. This is a new addition to my Tesoro Golden Sabre ll, coin machine. Now I got 2 Md's. Looks like a lot of people gettin MD's this week. Good Luck with your new Minelab X-terra 505, Happy Hunting Partner!

Note: Yesterday I checked out The GMT after UPS dropped it off and In the Battery Compartment, Found some light Corosive acid and had to take some Emory paper to sand it out-clean and wire-brushed it so the metal would shine for positive contact.Later I might wet a Q-tip with "Tarnex".
Good news, the Whites Goldmaster GMT worked OK, NO Problems Found a 50 Cal shell casing & iorn. By the creek, I did dip the coil by the bank and thought I found some gold due to the high winds & rains we have been hit with for the past 6 days but the target happened to be a piece of barb-wire with size of pencil lead burried in the bottom of gravel... but thats a good thing, this dang GMT is the most sensitive MD I have owned yet and happy about it.
Today(Tues-20th) we had some light hail so might have to put off lookin for those nuggets I want to pick up soon.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
How Do Kgunn: I just posted today 3/19/2012 about my new MD I just got in from UPS a whites Goldmaster GMT. This is a new addition to my Tesoro Golden Sabre ll, coin machine. Now I got 2 Md's. Looks like a lot of people gettin MD's this week. Good Luck with your new Minelab X-terra 505, Happy Hunting Partner!

Glad you finally got it! Congrats, and let us see some of them thar nuggets you will be a findin matey!

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey golden, hey mark,
actually men the 505 kicks some serious booty, me n my boy found 53 coins, a watch, n 3 rings in a park. yesterday n holy crap im tired 2day lol all roundage was clad but none the less we had a blast n met some kool passerbys that i recommended Tnet 2... hopefully theyll join us on here...

kgunn

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a ? 4 u all. ok most of my targets i was getg reads on were 4 to 5"" deep but never any hits deeper then that, what am i doin wrong or what do i need 2 do different???

kgunn

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kgunn: Good finds sounds like you really got into it. By the way 4 to 5 Inches is a good depth and the larger/solid the target you will hit deeper especially if there is a halo effect as like in a rusted item will have a "Halo" type soil which radiates and it can be deeper and look like a larger hit. Hope that counts. (Today I checked out my "Used" Whites goldmaster GMT and it works good, ready now to take it on a test drive. Take care & happy Huntin Bro!

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kgunn said:
Got a ? 4 u all. ok most of my targets i was getg reads on were 4 to 5"" deep but never any hits deeper then that, what am i doin wrong or what do i need 2 do different???

kgunn

I don't know what kind of depth 505 is capable of. Air testing doesn't mean everything by ANY means, but you might try it to kinda get a feel of the detectors general depth range. Also, you may have not passed over a deep coin yet either. Have you tried cranking sensitivity up some?

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thx golden,

hey mark yeah i thought bout that 2day on the sensitivity once it stops raing ill crank it up a bit, theres got 2 b some way older stuff there the park has been their since 1885, so i dont knw...

kgunn

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kgunn said:
thx golden,

hey mark yeah i thought bout that 2day on the sensitivity once it stops raing ill crank it up a bit, theres got 2 b some way older stuff there the park has been their since 1885, so i dont knw...

kgunn

It's weird.....a lot of the oldest coins I've found have been no deeper than about 3.5" to 4." it just makes me feel better knowing that I'm cranked up deeper than that just in case....LOL

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah mark im just waitn 4 it 2 dry up alittle from all the rain we had, hey did u catch that american diggers on spike the other day? wbu golden u watch it? kgunn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread