My New Digger from Westfront

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, this is not an ad, nor was I asked to write this, nor did I receive (nor was I promised) anything for writing this post, nor have I ever met Lu, although I sure would like to. This is just the story of someone doing something very nice for me.

Thanks to Lu's (Westfront's) extraordinary generosity and courtesy, I have become the very happy owner of that orange digger. You can see it if you scroll down the thread "New Digger" at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,451190.0.html. I should have it in my hands in a week or so. I even got to pick the color. There were lots of other color choices and it is powder-coated, not painted. I asked for "International Orange" because someday I'll leave it on the ground and it'll be easy to see when I ask "Now what did I do with that shovel?" I love the way it turned out and I can't wait to put it to its intended use.

From our correspondence, I know that Lu doesn't build these things for a living, although he seems to be a talented metal worker. I also know that he would like to start selling them on a limited basis. He can make an especially good deal to clubs (up to ten for one shipping cost, as I understand it) but would be glad to sell them on a one-at-a-time basis. If you happen to be a stocking MD dealer, I'm pretty sure he'd like to talk to you about stocking this product.

It was only curiosity that led me to read Lu's post. He was a complete stranger to me as of a week or so ago, and I'm pretty new to this forum. Now I consider him a friend and fellow MDer. His detecting specialty -- battleground detecting in and near the Ardennes Forest -- is fascinating, and not anything that I ever imagined.

At most, I guess, this is a plug for someone who did me a completely unexpected good turn. Please don't think of it as anything more. As I've said many times over the course of a fairly long life, I'm the luckiest guy I ever knew.

Lu, thank you very much.

Chuck

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread