Awesome App for MDing.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Awesome App for MD'ing.

Hello all, I am still very new to detecting, but already feel like I am to the point where if I can put myself where old coins are, I will find them. I had an idea the other day, and I wanted to share (for those who might not know already, as Im sure alot of you do.) Being new, I cant just look at a house and be able to determine what year it was built. So I got to thinkin about all the Apps out there. I have T-mobile which is android market, and I downloaded the "Zillow" app. It brings up a satellite (google map) image of an area and you can click on each house to see when it was built. Seems to work really good, and I imagine it would help someone be more efficient with their time, in terms of who to spend your time focusing on.

If there are better apps for this purpose, please share, but if you dont have one yet, give zillow a try.

Happy hunting everyone.

Chris.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Awesome App for MD'ing.

Any thing we can use to make the hobby more fun is welcome.

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the good info :notworthy:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Interesting, I'm going to try it.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

It is definately worth the effort seems how it is a free app and all.....

Does anybody have another app, or anything else they would like to share that has helped them in researching/picking a potential swing site?

Happy hunting everybody.

Chris

wx5jcp

Greenie
Feb 19, 2012
Ponca City, OK
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SharpShooter II
Primary Interest:
Other

I use Trimbleoutdoors. They have versions for all smartphones and the iPad. You can make maps with POI's on their website and download to your device and the GPS will take you right to it.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

wx5jcp said:
I use Trimbleoutdoors. They have versions for all smartphones and the iPad. You can make maps with POI's on their website and download to your device and the GPS will take you right to it.

So, are the maps already on their website? and you just use them, and download them when interested in one? I will check it out, thanks for the info. I am assuming there are some good ones out there, I am just too new yet, and havent really gotten the "inside scoop" about detecting. In fact, I have still never even been out with someone else who has a detector.

Happy hunting.

Chris.

wx5jcp

Greenie
Feb 19, 2012
Ponca City, OK
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SharpShooter II
Primary Interest:
Other

TheRockDoc said:
wx5jcp said:

So, are the maps already on their website? and you just use them, and download them when interested in one? I will check it out, thanks for the info. I am assuming there are some good ones out there, I am just too new yet, and havent really gotten the "inside scoop" about detecting. In fact, I have still never even been out with someone else who has a detector.

Happy hunting.

Chris.

When you use their maps, you will be able to download it with the POI's in place. You will love it. I use them Sat maps to find irregularities in the ground or just identify ghost town and settlement locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions