Update on Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am home now since the hospital released me. My kidneys were to bad for the operation with all the diuretics I had to take so I am to stabilize them for the operation in the future. I need to take so many meds it isn't funny as I could make a meal of them. Worst is no coffee or green tea at all. Makes no difference if it is decaf or not. No pizza, beer or excitement.

Want to thank all that have sent me your prayers and encouragement and they where treasured.

Dennis/Sandman

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the no coffee .beer ,fun but you are home and that is half of the battle. I am sure you will be your old self in no time after the operation. Just do what the doc says till they get you fixed up. :coffee2: Glad your home ! :icon_sunny:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad your home! You can always get better faster at home.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know, Sandman. If you can give up pizza, beer, and excitement, you're made of stronger stuff than I!!!! TTC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see your home sandman,
But not so Happy about the Rest :(

I Hope all works out to your Benifit.

Stay well :icon_thumleft:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No coffee, beer, pizza?! That's like leech therapy, OUCH!

Hang in there and listen to the docs. They'll get you fixed up. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well glad to see your home sandman... I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing for you .... But as you know i will alway's be pulling for you......... I hope every thing works out good for you.............

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will continue to pray for you.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll keep praying for you Dennis. Don't ever lose faith!

PS: Can you even have decalf coffee? Non alky beer? Just a thought....

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear you have to go through all that sandman. Hopefully it will be a smooth process and everything will get back to normal. Keep your spirits up man and keep smiling

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis am so sorry, been wrapped up in my own hospital junk that I had no clue on yours.. hope it works out for ya..

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
Why can't you have green tea?

Green tea and a few other foods react to some of my meds making them stronger or weaker. We are all bags of chemicals and what works for me won't for you the same way. I shouldn't have coffee either because of caffine.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your home Sandman...this will all be behind you before you know it....good luck. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dear Sandman, I must apologize if my previous post sounded too..... stupid. I have many problems also and find levity sometimes helps. My brother TimC has terminal cancer yet he insists on "keeping it light". My attempt at humor was only a hope to brighten your day. Hang in there! TTC

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see your home Sandman, we sure missed your post, and your wisdom. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Terry. I thought nothing of it. I am hoping I don't gain weight taking all these pills. Oh, an I miss the pizza so much, and a slab of ribs, heck about anything right now. Steak just isn't normal without a dash of salt.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get well soon Sandman!! :icon_thumleft:

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny how we dont know eachother, but this hobby brings so many of us together. WE all are a family on here and i hope you keep us posted on your recovery. I pray for you, and hope you make a full recovery. I too, have had issues at home, so i had no idea. Take care bud. joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread