Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting The White's Factory

Three of us visited the White's factory in Sweet Home, Oregon, yesterday. They couldn't have been nicer or more patient and accommodating. Mary Hudson (Customer Service, probably lots of you have spoken to her) gave us a grand tour. We saw everything there was to see, from the intake of raw materials to board fab to assembly to shipping, with lots of explanations along the way. We also got to see their new security machine facility. It looks like that's going to be a big winner for them. White's also has a nice little museum there with many of their old models to see and lots of finds that have been donated by MDers. I particularly liked a couple of old swords they had on display. They even let you handle most of the finds. How often do you get to pick up a real Spanish sword? They also have a show room where you can see and handle and compare every model they currently produce. I enjoyed that part as much as the rest and I learned a lot.

I think our visit will result in two sales to one of my friends. The other guy is still trying to make up his mind. I'm not a White's owner and never have been, for no particular reason. Now, however, I'm positive that my next detector will be a White's. I really did like the V3i and I was highly impressed with their quality and their commitment to service.

If you get to Oregon and if it's at all possible, I highly recommend that you visit White's. Be sure to call ahead so they can arrange to have someone show you around. They do not have regularly scheduled tours. They have to fit you in around their employees' schedules and availability, which they were kind enough to do for us.

All the usual disclaimers, of course. As I said, I'm not a White's owner but the next time around I will be. Mary and White's, thank you very much for the enjoyable time we spent with you.

Chuck

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Visiting The White's Factory

:icon_thumleft: We will second this one, it is an awesome place to visit, and well worth the time and for us the drive! :icon_thumright: :hello:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice! A look from the inside! Cool! TTC

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Son and I went there to get his mail order used MXT fixed.
Nice museum.
Mary took his machine away and we waited a while.
Should have asked for a tour I guess.
When she came back with machine fixed there was no charge!
So we had to buy some stuff to help them and us anyway. LOL
Great place and people. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions