Do you prefer detecting alone or with a partner?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do most of you guys (or gals) prefer detecting alone or with a partner? For me, it is a solitary pursuit. However, the other day, I had to check out this new site which was in an isolated location. The scenery was beautiful but because the ground was frozen, I thought it would be best to scout it out before detecting it in a month or so. It was a long hike in a heavily wooded area and for the first time thought it would be nice to have a partner. If something should happen, it would be a long way back to civilization and without a partner you'd be in trouble. Also, nice to have a buddy to share ideas, have a couple of laughs along the way etc...So, do most of you guys go solo or do you have a buddy to tag along?

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enjoyed early sunrises across the lake alone on warm summer days, but mostly I like to share with someone. With my age and health, it's not realy very safe to hunt alone anymore. Sorry to say that time comes to everyone and I just got there. But I can thnk of worse things! M :o nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread