MXT Pro settings advice?

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone experienced with the MXT Pro have some tips for the settings? I have been using mainly the suggested settings, and getting a lot of garbage.

Aluminum cans buried an inch down will show up as $1. Nails showing up as pull tab/ ring. Or other odd readings. Would love some advice for someone new to the hobby to be able to weed out some of this trash without kicking out any coins.

Upvote 0

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
hello twisted one; Every detector I have had including my MXT have usually reported on a aluminum can as 1dollar or silver. Nails are difficult also. I have been doing this for 15 years. The first time I found an aluminum can my detector went into overload status on the screen and I thought I had hit the jackpot. My heart was racing and then I dug up the beer can at 4 inches. Wow what a disappointement....
The best way to hunt a real trashy area is with a small coil that can get in between the trash signals, or change areas. I have ran into old dump sites in the backyards of 100 year old houses. Don't give up. There is probably a less trashy area somewhere else. Best of luck.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would give a call and ask to speak to a service tech. They would save you alot of time and effort. Out of anyone, they would have the expert call on the MXT settings. Good Luck Buddy, Be seein ya soon in the field.
Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread