AT PRO on the way!!!! Thank you Mike Post at Woodland!!!!!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

ordered Thru/ shipped today... looking forward to getting my first water detector so I can go play in the water and find goodies! (once it's a little warmer and ice is gone!!!)

I too used my tax return in hopes of finding some more coin! I hope anyone thinking about buying another detector checks out Woodland first! - I also purchased my E-Trac from him and he walked me through the setup and use of my Etrac over the phone! who else does that? no one!! you can't get that from that the place in Florida.

here's the best part -just before I called him he found a half dime with a CC mint mark... someone who knows the game.

on my list of things I want to find with the water detector? gold rings! at least standing liberty quarter and 1 walking liberty half!!! I'm stoked and can't wait to post pics of my aqua adventures ....you know why I'm getting a water detector?
ask Aquachigger!!!! he is my inspiration!!!! ever since I saw his 200+ coin haul from the river in Del...all silver from the early 1800s...capped busts... :headbang: does it get any better than that? heck how can you even go back out after that haul? lol. you know you might do better, but probably no that 'better' .... :tongue3:

HH all - have a good one!!!! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes Mike is the best and world class customer service you can`t go wrong with Woodland!! hope you find good stuff
Gary G.A.P.metal

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I am also getting ready to purchase an at pro but Kellyco has the same price with tons of extras. I just looked at woodland and they had no extras. Just curious as to why you would pay the same price and not get as much? Im not trying to argue i just wanna know for when i buy mine.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vabuckhunter said:
I am also getting ready to purchase an at pro but Kellyco has the same price with tons of extras. I just looked at woodland and they had no extras. Just curious as to why you would pay the same price and not get as much? Im not trying to argue i just wanna know for when i buy mine.
Respectable concerns indeed. When I take an order I will give an option to you on what accessories you may want to bundle. (Very Flexible) I do have have many package plans for all machines, and will match or beat any other dealers offers. Personally, I really enjoy discussing accessory options over the phone with the customer instead of cluttering up my website with all the different variations you know? We can put together just about anything the consumer needs. Feel free to call us 7 days if you'd like.
Take care,

Mike

vabuckhunter

Mar 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Mike, i will call you before i order from kellyco and i am in no way talking bad about you or your site. I was just curious because it was not listed on your web page

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant Beat Mike, Red Is chomping at the Bit For A Dry Spell To Get Out With Her New Detector!!! Thanks again Mike!!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vabuckhunter said:

I'm certainly not one that goes around promoting Mike's business, but the stuff you get bundled with a detector from kellyco is absolute garbage. I have no idea what Mike may or may not bundle with his machine's, but based on how much everybody on this site loves him, I assume it's not cheap trowels that break the first time you try to use it or $1 nail aprons that he tries to tell you are worth $34.99.

Support a small business owner.

OP
OP
mfitzy111

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
my reason for buying from Mike Post over kellyco is a matter of wanting to have my money go the furthest I can. .... I've been there done that buying more stuff for a little more $$$,
I purchased a Garrett Ace 350 as my first detector in the spring of last year - all of the bundled stuff that came with it wasn't worth anything near what they claimed it would be. I have the little plastic shovel (joke really), the only thing I think I still have is the 9mm ammo pouch (not that I'm using it for detecting) but they upped the price of the detector to basically make it a better deal- in reality it wasn't ..yep you can get more stuff, but it's low end junk stuff with a good detector at a higher price. The stuff that comes with it doesn't justify the price tag. if they bundled the detector and a garret pin pointer for the price of the detector my opinion would be different...ah those pin pointers are worth the money...anyhow.

I ordered a minelab last summer from Mike - what did I get? A mine lab Etrac new in the box, good headphones came with it, the warranty that came with it.- I got it for a bit less then what kellyco offered with all their add on packages. Mike also walked me through the set up and use over the phone - when I got my Garrett Ace 350, kellyco was ok easy to order online, fast shipping, but no follow up, I'm sure if I had issues with it things would have worked out, they were just ok to deal with- but Mike's service is way better. why would I want to spend $50 more at kellyco and get some extra stuff with just ok service? I already have a pretty good assortment of digging tools and bags (and I got my nail pouch from Lowes for $1.50) no point in getting more cheap stuff that I don't really need. everyone's situation is a little different, but this one works for me.
my reality is I wanted to save a few bucks and just get a detector that I could use in water. I found that at about $50 less then what kellyco is offering with better service. I feel almost bad knocking them, because they aren't a bad company either. I still have some kind of a $20 credit with them from buying a probe (that wasn't a garrett- and didn't last long enough!) they later ran a sale on Tnet and gave me the difference, because I ordered it while that sale was on but never knew it until after I got my probe. I haven't found anything else on there site I'm interested in for that price...yet. ...
since it's been over a year since I've been on their site what are my chances that I'll get my credit now? one of my biggest complaints about them is they would give you $5 credit slips each time you ordered something online they wouldn't count - and I did order stuff from them before I started hearing about woodlands on here. the last time I even mentioned it over the phone and nothing really happened about it - I had placed the order already so it wasn't too important to them. at least that was my general feeling about it - it was a year ago since I ordered that probe- I think I also ordered my garret probe from them because at the time I didn't see or ask Mike about it yet...so I know I paid too much for it... :BangHead: it happens... but the service for me matters, here is my point on this one...is that stuff they offer in the package deal worth it?

break this down for me...

Kellyco Accessories (Option 1)
• NEW! Spanish 8 Reale Piece of Eight Coin
• All-Weather Detector Carry Bag
• Finding Treasure State by State Guide
• Lockback Folding Knife
• Pro Treasure Dot Gloves
• String Back Pack
• NEW! 2 Pocket Coin Pouch/Apron w/ Thin Pocket for Probes
• Kellyco 6x Power Sliding Compact Magnifier
• NEW! Non- Metallic Composite Digger
• Collectors Edition Treasure Hunting Magazine
• Trial Subscription to Lost Treasure Magazine
• Multi-Purpose Field Pouch
Total Value: $358.54

who here believes that the listed items above are worth $358.54? (and that mulit-purpose field pouch is a 9mm army surplus mag holder- so it's at least cool but not more then $10 bucks cool) so basically what this company does is lie to you and insult your intelligence by stating something like this. I could pick up most of the stuff here if not all of it for under $30-40 between harbor freight and walmart. The coin isn't going to be a real silver coin...replica right? non-metallic digger, for about $2 you can find it at walmart. or spend $13 for the metallic garden pal- lifetime warranty deal at Lowes! The magazines where cool I must admit, but I still can't buy in to the pricing- $600 for the AT pro when I can get it for less from Mike? with out the dishonesty?

I would be more ok with this if they only claimed what it really cost them for what they are offering and not some made up stuff like they state on their site.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK now I have to put my two cents in. You are in the field hunting and something is happening to your machine that you don't understand. Who are you going to call? Someone that is going to read a manual or someone that hunts with those machines nearly every day and can walk you thru everything you need to know. I have hunted with Mike many times and every time we go hunting he is always getting phone calls from his customers. Mike stops what he is doing and helps them out. Prime example why he was Dealer of the Year. There is nothing wrong with Kellyco and yes they do have some good deals and I have bought from them before. BUT Mike's customer service is just outstanding. And he does not give out junk accessories. So before you buy your next machine talk to Mike and see what he can do for you. Mike has even helped people out that does not buy from him. That is just the type of person he is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread