First hunt new Vaquero!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got to play with my new Vaquero. I took it to an abandonded hardrock gold mine in the area. Theres alot of iron in the area and some hot rocks. I was basically just practicing and getting to know the machine. I found some lead bullets and a bb. Also, I found a small piece of lead shot that weighs less than 1 GRAIN. It was about 2-3 inches deep on a hillside. I'm very convinced that the Vaquero will find small gold. It's also very deep on larger targets. I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a deep and sensitive machine that would also like to be able nugget shoot. Thanks for all the input!

Upvote 0

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME TOO!! I love mine...wish it was a bit louder but LOVEEE IT!! Was my first time today too!!

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iCandy said:
ME TOO!! I love mine...wish it was a bit louder but LOVEEE IT!! Was my first time today too!!
It's a sweet machine! Mine is super loud with headphones on. It's not as loud without headphones though. I was amazed I found sub-grain lead at 2-3", so it should work just fine on gold that size. I think we both made a great decision on the Vaquero. Who needs a display???

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we did!! Exactly.....who needs a LCD display! Keep me updated & let me know what you're finding ...& Wut ur settings are when you find. I'll do the same!

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iCandy said:
Yes we did!! Exactly.....who needs a LCD display! Keep me updated & let me know what you're finding ...& Wut ur settings are when you find. I'll do the same!
Will do. Good luck with your hunting.
I hope to get it out to the desert and search for some nuggets next week. I've read alot of reviews that mention how well it does on small gold, I feel confident that if I swing it over some it will find it. Keep me updated. Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions