Florida eliminating treasure hunting July1, 2012!

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You all are mis-interpretting this. Notice it only applies to " .... any archaeological site ...." The whole state of FL and all beaches there are not an "archaeological site" ! To get such a designation, the location has to individually be declared such, to be such. Read further, and you will see the protocols for having some part of govt. land be declared an "archaeological site". You know, like there has to be some reason, an archie study, etc.... And logic dictates that if a site needs to be declared "archaeologically significant", in order to receive this designation, then .... DUH, it was not an "archaeological site" PRIOR to receiving the designation.

This is the same mistake made often time for KY land, where the same distinction/wording occurs already, and some people made the mistake of thinking that all KY public land was off-limits. It wasn't. Only those lands deemed/designated as "archaeological sites".

Read it carefully in the context I'm saying, and you'll see this is the way it reads. People are getting all caught up too much in the "all public lands..." part, without seeing that it's .... yes .... all public land that HAS BEEN DEEMED AN ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE :read2: (and no, the entire state's public lands have not been designated an archaeological site!!)

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tom,
You absolutely don't understand what Florida is up to...What are you up to???
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
One other thing. If the low response I'm seeing here is any indication of this groups attitude. We're screwed.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
One other thing. If the low response I'm seeing here is any indication of this groups attitude. We're screwed.

What you see here with the low response is just like with the NRA and the Right to be armed. Hunters and shooters don't care to organize, send any money to protect their Second Amendments Rights or the hobby of metal detecting. Its always, "Let the other guy do it." They will only cry when the thugs come to your home to collect your guns and your neighbor won't even step outside to see what is going on as its none of his business. Hitler did it to his own people.

OOps, I am on the soap box again.
NRA Life Member.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey sandman
Thats ok get up on the soap box and... let it all out tell the people how it realy is ...we listen to you brother cuz you got sence
Gary G.A.P.metal

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hope the companies Like Garrett and JW Fisher and others will take the lead in fighting this bill. I am sure Florida is a big market for them and if Florida passes such a bill what state will be next. If it does pass and you have stock in any of these companies then you would be well informed to dump that stock.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread