We now carry XP Deus metal detectors at Big Boys Hobbies!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of mentioning the options that dozens of detectors already have why not mention the options that you say the others don't ?

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:
Instead of mentioning the options that dozens of detectors already have why not mention the options that you say the others don't ?

I think the biggest thing to me is being able to take the control unit off and put it in your pocket, put it on your hip like a cell hone, Zip lock bag, put it in the truck, leave it at home whatever. You can control the machine through the headphones. Taking the control box off not only makes it even lighter but takes the worry out of using it in a stream or pond. If you drop it in the water, oh well.

The whole thing folds up in seconds to fit in a large backpack. Very cool design! Hope other companies take that idea and run with it!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
U.K. Brian said:

You can control the machine through the headphones. Taking the control box off not only makes it even lighter but takes the worry out of using it in a stream or pond. If you drop it in the water, oh well.
But you can do that with ..Detector Pro Detectors .. For a lot less money..

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone thinks you can traipse around with this thing and suck up deep old silver with it like it's a vacuum cleaner for silver coins, fuggetaboudit. But it is light, and state of the art. And expensive.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justanotherbarber said:
The more I play with this thing the more I like it. You can change recovery speed, frequency, auto ground balance tracking.... etc... etc... etc.... Very good possibilities!

Will know more this weekend!
Can't wait to see your results. I hear it is lighter than the E-trac and deeper. I can just see the Minelab cult trashin on this detector.

I don't think you understand the Minelab "cult" then. I'm considered to be in that cult by most. If this machine is better, I'm sold. I don't buy based on brand name. I buy based on real world results. Minelab users tend to be the kind that don't mind spending the money for the best machine available for the task at hand. If your goal is silver coins on turf, right now the Explorer/Etrac line is the best out there. Period. If this machine is better, I will buy one. It's that simple.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
justanotherbarber said:
The more I play with this thing the more I like it. You can change recovery speed, frequency, auto ground balance tracking.... etc... etc... etc.... Very good possibilities!

Will know more this weekend!
Can't wait to see your results. I hear it is lighter than the E-trac and deeper. I can just see the Minelab cult trashin on this detector.

I don't think you understand the Minelab "cult" then. I'm considered to be in that cult by most. If this machine is better, I'm sold. I don't buy based on brand name. I buy based on real world results. Minelab users tend to be the kind that don't mind spending the money for the best machine available for the task at hand. If your goal is silver coins on turf, right now the Explorer/Etrac line is the best out there. Period. If this machine is better, I will buy one. It's that simple.

Exactly.

I had a Goldmaxx Power, just was not for me. Is the Deus that much better? Wires do not bother me, and since the Goldmaxx was a very fast responding detector how much does having the ability to change recovery matter?... I mean does anyone plan to slow it down? ;D

I think it's very cool, definitely the best detector out there from a gadget perspective, only that doesn't matter to me because the bottom line is will it find me more. Will it prevent me from digging a lot of deep iron like my Minelab does? Is it as deep in iron or on clean ground? That's what I need to be sold on, but unfortunately at the price of the thing it's too much for me to play a bit, and that's the only way to really know... to try it. But that company is definitely doing a lot of things right, including getting into the US market. I had a heck of a time finding someone in the UK to sell me an XP a few years back.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I finally agree 100% with Bazinga! Write this day down on your calendar. I am currently a fairly happy Minelab Etrac user, and before that Explorer II. I like the look of this machine. I would like to test one and write a no punches pulled review. I have seen all the manufacturers videos. The coil battery is epoxied in the coils frame. Not bad and they sell a battery kit. The best things I see so far are: light weight, wireless HP, wireless controller, small breakdown size.

I guess my most important question is do they have a state side service address/department. It could get costly an time consuming to ship to France.

Ed D.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Born2Dtect said:
I guess my most important question is do they have a state side service address/department. It could get costly an time consuming to ship to France.

Ed D.

Yes!

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw it online a few months ago, that they were gonna be shipped to the US. I wondered about it's durablility, gizmos, and functionality. A lot of high tech on it and it will shake up the market like the waterproof AT-Pro did if it performs. Competition can only give us better products instead of companies milking what they have put out year after year for more than they are worth because R&D takes time and money....

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Viddy said:
Competition can only give us better products instead of companies milking what they have put out year after year for more than they are worth because R&D takes time and money....

Excellent point! The more the companies get pushed the better the machines get for us!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Viddy said:
Competition can only give us better products instead of companies milking what they have put out year after year for more than they are worth because R&D takes time and money....

Excellent point! The more the companies get pushed the better the machines get for us!
Like i said could be i might get one........... I don't want a high price detector like the one every one seems to love right now........... If the XP works out of the box and you don't have to send it back 3 or 4 times to get it fixed............ And they have a good service dept...... Like i said could be i would get one.... It's a wait and see thing................. But for sure i will keep my AT Pro.......... Even if i get a XP.....And the XP would be light also, :icon_thumright:

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
UK users are still on there 1st set of batteries ,mine are fine , if you are out of warranty you can change the backphones and control box battery's for not much cash. coil battery comes as a kit which you can pot in yourself or send back to dealer but anyone with basic skills can do it.
but AFAIAA no coil batterys have gone bust yet ,from watching the UK XP forums .
so thats 2 years of use from the original batterys, so far ....

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will get you a price for new batteries on the XP Deus and all the details.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New video if you haven't seen it.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, nice video. I got a little de jevu. You showed the No Cash Value token in your group of finds, I had just found the very same token about 3 hours ago. Go figure. Keep posting on your hunt with the XP DEUS.

Ed D.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Born2Dtect said:
Bart, nice video. I got a little de jevu. You showed the No Cash Value token in your group of finds, I had just found the very same token about 3 hours ago. Go figure. Keep posting on your hunt with the XP DEUS.

Ed D.

Thanks Ed but that is not me. That is GoneHunting from this forum and many others. He bought it from me. Well, his wife bought it from me behind his back for a B-Day gift!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the biggest thing to me is being able to take the control unit off and put it in your pocket, put it on your hip like a cell phone, Zip lock bag, put it in the truck, leave it at home whatever. You can control the machine through the headphones. run with it!

So, does that mean the visual readout isn't much use? :dontknow:

:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread