We now carry XP Deus metal detectors at Big Boys Hobbies!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
I think the biggest thing to me is being able to take the control unit off and put it in your pocket, put it on your hip like a cell phone, Zip lock bag, put it in the truck, leave it at home whatever. You can control the machine through the headphones. run with it!

So, does that mean the visual readout isn't much use? :dontknow:

:D

No but if you wanted to hunt in shallow water or rain it might be nice to leave it in a ziplock or you pocket and machine still work. Holler if you have questions!

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still not convinced that wireless technology is not still in it infance or at least in it's teenage years. There are jsut to many outside influences that can disrupe the signals, I have many high end wireless eletronics here in the house and I have come to the conclusion that I will stick with wired componets when I can. I'm not anti wireless, I just have a lot of experience with it cutting out when you need it. I will wait for the third or fourth generation, but as I get older I hope it comes soooner than later.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim so far I have taken it out 4 times in very urban areas. No problems at all with headphones. It runs on 2.4 ghz and adjust itself over several channels to get best reception. So far so good.

You also have a iphone sized (3.5mm) jack on the bottom of the control box to plug in headphones if wanted.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Gone Hunting, nice video.

Bart I wish you had this a month earlier. My birthday was Feb 27. I could have given you my wife,s email address and who knows ??? May I would have got one for my birthday. :dontknow: :-\ ???

Ed D.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Born2Dtect said:

Bart I wish you had this a month earlier. My birthday was Feb 27. I could have given you my wife,s email address and who knows ??? May I would have got one for my birthday. :dontknow: :-\ ???

Ed D.

LOL!

Well now you can research till your next birthday! lol

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim the one thing you don't have to worry about is the wireless technology. The headphone side was introduced on the later Mk 1 Goldmaxx models several years back. Then used on the "Power". Finally with the wireless coils on the Deus Version 1.0. Version 1.2 had the battery upgraded and hardwear problems such as the camlocks and handgrip improved. Arm rest was improved at some point. Last version I tried was the V2 with generation 4 software.

So most of the problems and niggles have been dealt with over the last few years.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:
Tim the one thing you don't have to worry about is the wireless technology. The headphone side was introduced on the later Mk 1 Goldmaxx models several years back. Then used on the "Power". Finally with the wireless coils on the Deus Version 1.0. Version 1.2 had the battery upgraded and hardwear problems such as the camlocks and handgrip improved. Arm rest was improved at some point. Last version I tried was the V2 with generation 4 software.

So most of the problems and niggles have been dealt with over the last few years.
So far the headphones have worked flawlessly!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Born2Dtect said:
I could have given you my wife,s email address and who knows ??? May I would have got one for my birthday. :dontknow: :-\ ???
Ed D.
Lol no problem and thanks Ed.. I'm just glad my wife has my dealer's number..lol... I have been taking mine out and doing well.. I still can't get over how light it is. Something else I like is how you can break up where each tone hits. It really has alot of tweaking you can do to adjust it to your liking. Don't get me wrong, I love my E-trac and I know it rules on deep coin, especially silver, but the Deus is really impressing me.. it seems to do really, really good in shallow trash and separating good targets. Starting using the Deus Fast mode and it's frickin quick. I have learned to swing it quicker than my E-trac to get a better target ID. I finally got over the flu, so will be hitting the ground running this week. Hopefully get another vid together soon...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I just read on another post that the big Minelab battery is $600!! so I am wondering, How much is the XP Deus battery replacement kit?

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 427
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 421

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
I just read on another post that the big Minelab battery is $600!! so I am wondering, How much is the XP Deus battery replacement kit?

Not too much, maybe $50 or so.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Info: I watched a video on coil battery replacement. They sell a battery & kit. It does not take great model building skills to do. Most detectorist could do it.

Read a few reviews, 2 from UK detectorist with many hours of testing, both like the XP DEUS. Made good finds. A Romanian? site also liked it. One US review liked it but not the fit of the headphones. This is a good point, When it comes to headphones, one size definitely does not fit all. Not only do they need to be widely adjustable but style matters, some just won,t like behind the head design, (HINT!! HINT!! XP DEUS manufacturer!). Finally one US site slammed them and said stick to the Etrac. I thought this strange until I realize they were a exclusive Minelab dealer. Hmmm. ::)

I also saw a UK dealer list a product caled XP Lite, The XP DEUS without headphone?? (Really meant the controller :BangHead:), at about $600 USD less?

Later, Ed D.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect said:
Info: I watched a video on coil battery replacement. They sell a battery & kit. It does not take great model building skills to do. Most detectorist could do it.

Read a few reviews, 2 from UK detectorist with many hours of testing, both like the XP DEUS. Made good finds. A Romanian? site also liked it. One US review liked it but not the fit of the headphones. This is a good point, When it comes to headphones, one size definitely does not fit all. Not only do they need to be widely adjustable but style matters, some just won,t like behind the head design, (HINT!! HINT!! XP DEUS manufacturer!). Finally one US site slammed them and said stick to the Etrac. I thought this strange until I realize they were a exclusive Minelab dealer. Hmmm. ::)

I also saw a UK dealer list a product caled XP Lite, The XP DEUS without headphone, at about $600 USD less?

Later, Ed D.

Some Minelab dealers are always trying to bring others down with their bashing. This can only mean one thing.. they are really threatened by the Xp Deus. Xp Lite is just a Xp Deus without the remote, that can be added later.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger82 said:
Born2Dtect said:

I also saw a UK dealer list a product caled XP Lite, The XP DEUS without headphone, at about $600 USD less?

Later, Ed D.

Some Minelab dealers are always trying to bring others down with their bashing. This can only mean one thing.. they are really threatened by the Xp Deus. Xp Lite is just a Xp Deus without the remote, that can be added later.

So Minelab "bashing" (always thought that was a dumb word to use in detecting context) never happens by dealers who don't carry the brand? Of course some dealers are going to talk good about what they sell and be less favorable to all the other brands, it's just the way the world works. Given the price of the Deus I don't think too many companies are concerned it will take over, and the cool gadget side of things will only take it so far. If it really performs it will take a small share of the high end detector market, but again when you look at the price it's probably a deal breaker for 95% of people who swing a coil.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Digger82 said:
Born2Dtect said:

Later, Ed D.

So Minelab "bashing" (always thought that was a dumb word to use in detecting context) never happens by dealers who don't carry the brand? Of course some dealers are going to talk good about what they sell and be less favorable to all the other brands, it's just the way the world works. Given the price of the Deus I don't think too many companies are concerned it will take over, and the cool gadget side of things will only take it so far. If it really performs it will take a small share of the high end detector market, but again when you look at the price it's probably a deal breaker for 95% of people who swing a coil.

Xp Deus has sold very well in Europe despite the expensive price, because it has been performing very nicely. If the Xp Deus performs in the Usa anywhere near as good as is does in Europe, i dont see that the price could slow the sales that much.

Originally Xp Deus was intended to be so expensive, that very few could afford it, but it didnt really work out, as the maker had to build a new facility to be able to make enough Xp Deus to satisfy the increased demand of this detector. :evil5:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger82 said:
Iron Patch said:
Digger82 said:
Born2Dtect said:

Later, Ed D.

Xp Deus has sold very well in Europe despite the expensive price, because it has been performing very nicely. If the Xp Deus performs in the Usa anywhere near as good as is does in Europe, i dont see that the price could slow the sales that much.

Originally Xp Deus was intended to be so expensive, that very few could afford it, but it didnt really work out, as the maker had to build a new facility to be able to make enough Xp Deus to satisfy the increased demand of this detector. :evil5:

Unless things have changed a lot recently, European prices are much more expensive than the US, so the sticker shock for the Deus at $1,800 US is much worse than 1,145 Pounds or 1,379 euros... because they're used to paying such high prices there. I think I remember reading the Dues was $1,800 (Is that Man. suggested or retail?) but am not 100% sure, and is why I used that figure. Does anyone know what the E-trac goes for in the UK? Is it still much more expensive than the US, or have things evened out some? For some reason this reminds me back when the Shadow X-5 came out and was getting some great reviews, and seeming like it could be a player with the big boys. (no pun intended :laughing7:) And that of course made sense... I mean a good detector so why not? Then maybe a year or so later someone posted the numbers of what Whites was selling for high end per year compared to the Shadow which did seem to be doing well, and the difference was shocking. I look at the Deus as being more of a niche market type detector, but it is cool enough it could possibly take off. But again like my post above the bottom line is about the finding and not how revolutionary it is for all the things that don't really matter.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Unless things have changed a lot recently, European prices are much more expensive than the US, so the sticker shock for the Deus at $1,800 US is much worse than 1,145 Pounds or 1,379 euros... because they're used to paying such high prices there. I think I remember reading the Dues was $1,800 (Is that Man. suggested or retail?) but am not 100% sure, and is why I used that figure. Does anyone know what the E-trac goes for in the UK? Is it still much more expensive than the US, or have things evened out some?

Minelab E-trac is about £1079 in Uk, in some places in Europe it is as expensive as the Xp Deus. Xp Deus is 1899 dollars in Usa and is it a introductory price.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger82 said:
Iron Patch said:
Unless things have changed a lot recently, European prices are much more expensive than the US, so the sticker shock for the Deus at $1,800 US is much worse than 1,145 Pounds or 1,379 euros... because they're used to paying such high prices there. I think I remember reading the Dues was $1,800 (Is that Man. suggested or retail?) but am not 100% sure, and is why I used that figure. Does anyone know what the E-trac goes for in the UK? Is it still much more expensive than the US, or have things evened out some?

Minelab E-trac is about £1079 in Uk, in some places in Europe it is as expensive as the Xp Deus. Xp Deus is 1899 dollars in Usa and is it a introductory price.

Seems like the Minelab prices are much more on par, but still I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Minelab dealer. $1,899 is crazy expensive for a detector.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Digger82 said:
Iron Patch said:

Seems like the Minelab prices are much more on par, but still I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Minelab dealer. $1,899 is crazy expensive for a detector.

Same thing could be said about the Minelab GPX series, what makes them so crazy expensive?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread