We now carry XP Deus metal detectors at Big Boys Hobbies!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger82 said:
Iron Patch said:
Digger82 said:
Iron Patch said:
Unless things have changed a lot recently, European prices are much more expensive than the US, so the sticker shock for the Deus at $1,800 US is much worse than 1,145 Pounds or 1,379 euros... because they're used to paying such high prices there. I think I remember reading the Dues was $1,800 (Is that Man. suggested or retail?) but am not 100% sure, and is why I used that figure. Does anyone know what the E-trac goes for in the UK? Is it still much more expensive than the US, or have things evened out some?

Minelab E-trac is about £1079 in Uk, in some places in Europe it is as expensive as the Xp Deus. Xp Deus is 1899 dollars in Usa and is it a introductory price.

Seems like the Minelab prices are much more on par, but still I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Minelab dealer. $1,899 is crazy expensive for a detector.

Same thing could be said about the Minelab GPX series, what makes them so crazy expensive?

Could be technology, but is probably mostly that they know the people who gold hunt will pay that kind of money to have the best. It's all about knowing the market and coming up with the best price point. If you list too high you won't make as much money, and the same thing as if you sell too low. The prices we pay definitely didn't come from the company picking a number out of a hat, and might also not really reflect what the detector cost them to make. It's about making the most money. That said, if the Deus started doing extremely well I think we could even see a price drop to try and improve sales even more. It sure would be interesting to know why something costs what it does, but if we did I bet we'd be less inclined to want to buy it.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be hunting with it again tomorrow I will let you guys know how it goes!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron Patch said:
Seems like the Minelab prices are much more on par, but still I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Minelab dealer. $1,899 is crazy expensive for a detector.
You are right it is .. And i think that $1400.00 & 1500.00 for a coin detector is also crazy expensive ........ And way out of line but if people will pay it they will keep selling it and raising the price ..... A sucker born ever minute and we have a lot of them swinging detectors..........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
All i can tell you we always want what we can not get easy.................. I went to the west coast when i drove truck............... And every one wanted Coors beer... They would say Jim bring me a case of coors back and i would .............. Now that they can get it here they don't drink it...... Any thing that you can not get a hold of very easy............. Is always better than what you can buy............ But after you get it you find out you really don't like or want it...........That what you have is the best.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Boys Hobbies: Wow, Sounds like a great machine and interesting but please answer: Q-1. How does the French "XP Deus" do for finding nuggets and what grain Size can they find?
Q-2. Can the XP Deus stack up to the cz20 or the "Gold Bug II"? Many thanks.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
Big Boys Hobbies: Wow, Sounds like a great machine and interesting but please answer: Q-1. How does the French "XP Deus" do for finding nuggets and what grain Size can they find?
Q-2. Can the XP Deus stack up to the cz20 or the "Gold Bug II"? Many thanks.

Haven't tried it yet on gold. The 19 Khz freq is VERY sensitive though. Should be good. I will have to look into that. Not allot of gold in Oklahoma! lol

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at getting a good machine. Made a post yesterday seeking advice, no responses.
I travel a lot, and I travel light. I love backcountry and deep desert, but will be on beaches, too. This might be for me.
Does anyone have experience with the Deus in salt water? Beaches? Can I leave the controller in the car and submerge the whole thing (assuming I don't get the headphones wet)? And what's the extent of range between the coil and the headphones? Could I, for example, slap the coil on a long rod and wave it around out in the shallows?

Last edited:

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
[QUOTE what's the extent of range between the coil and the headphones? Could I, for example, slap the coil on a long rod and wave it around out in the shallows?[/QUOTE]

Once the coil goes under the water the wireless signal to box and or phones is lost.
An external antenna is needed.
Works as good as bad any other vlf detector in the black sand salt water. (Pulse induction needed)
Works great in the dry sand.
Very versatile machine and actually offers something new to us. Even the handle grip(almost military) is something other manufactures should look at. (No foam :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be hunting with it again tomorrow I will let you guys know how it goes!
Hi Bart,
What conclusions have you come to on this machine? Say compared to the V3i, E-trac, or CTX3030? Curious minds want to know! Or am I just nosy? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread