We now carry XP Deus metal detectors at Big Boys Hobbies!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Bart
Are you or have you got much of a chance to play with it yet.
just wondering how it does aginst some of you other detectors.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope to really get a handle on it this weekend. Real world situations give me a much better idea of what it is capable of.

So far I can tell you its REALLY gonna make a huge impact on the higher end machines. Very impressive out of the box!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What's the estimated life of the battery and it's cost?

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,350

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to do a review for us. Battery life in the coil and things like that.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Battery life is around 16 hours per charge. All I can say is the test bed I have setup it's very very impressive in!

I will be getting a video for you guys soon. I have hired a very good detectorist to review it with me!

All I can say is WOW! Deep,light,fast recovery and mulit frequency!!! Very nice!!

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/xp-metal-detectors/xp-deus-metal-detector

Last edited:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to finally see a US dealer that actually promotes the machine! :icon_thumright:
Looking forward to the video........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i can't wait for that video either....... Should be a good seller for you...... You never know i might buy one..................

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen people use it on you tube... Very, very impressive to say the least. There is even a video demo on in it from the manufacturer. This may finly be one worth the $$$. I may be getting one.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I play with this thing the more I like it. You can change recovery speed, frequency, auto ground balance tracking.... etc... etc... etc.... Very good possibilities!

Will know more this weekend!

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies said:
The more I play with this thing the more I like it. You can change recovery speed, frequency, auto ground balance tracking.... etc... etc... etc.... Very good possibilities!

Will know more this weekend!
Can't wait to see your results. I hear it is lighter than the E-trac and deeper. I can just see the Minelab cult trashin on this detector.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justanotherbarber said:
Can't wait to see your results. I hear it is lighter than the E-trac and deeper. I can just see the Minelab cult trashin on this detector.

It is VERY light! Only thing some guys over here dislike is that You have to pull the coil up because You don't have the counterweight from the electronic box.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The coil battery question seems to pop up in reviews. What is the guarentee time on it and how much does it cost to replace it ? Frank

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
The coil battery question seems to pop up in reviews. What is the guarentee time on it

The Battery also has 2 years guarantee like the rest of the machine.

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Westfront said:
justanotherbarber said:

It is VERY light! Only thing some guys over here dislike is that You have to pull the coil up because You don't have the counterweight from the electronic box.

One should be able to put a little counter weight under the arm cup for balance, won't take much and will still be lighter than most other high end machines.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justanotherbarber said:
Westfront said:
justanotherbarber said:

One should be able to put a little counter weight under the arm cup for balance, won't take much and will still be lighter than most other high end machines.

That will fix it. Personally i had no problems when i tested the Deus from a buddy. I will get the composite rod from the Deus for upgrading my XP G-maxxII to shave some weight off.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that balance is more of an issue with the larger coil. You don't even notice it with the stock 9" coil. It's like swinging a Compadre.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took it out Sat and was very impressed. Didn't find anything great but neither did anyone else I was with. Its ability in iron was very good. I plan on using it much more before I give a real eval. Love the recovery speed of The XP!

Super lightweight headphones were AWESOME!! Great job on those!

The XP Deus has many options other machines don't have, yet.

You can switch frequencies on the fly from 4,8,12,18 khz. Speed up or slow down recovery speed and many many other options.

Its VERY flexible on changing your hunting style with the push of a button to say the least.

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Four frequencies but can you run the machine with all at the same time or just one at a time? thanks....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread