What do you guys think of the DX-1 sunray probe? Reviews Please

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the DX-1 probe for the MXT but do have the S-1 for the Sov GT. What they are is really a one inch coil that runs off the detectors circuits. You coil cable plugs into the DX-1 control box that has a two position switch, one side Coil and the other Probe. When switched to coil your detector runs like normal. At the Probe position you can use the probe as a coin probe that will have a range of about 8" off the tip. You can't forget it. The sound comes thru your speaker or headphones like normal.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had an FX-1 on my F-75 for two years and wouldn't be without it. GREAT pinpointer.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These days, Overpriced.

I Liked My S-1 But original Price was somewhere
around $120 Now they are Very Tiny & twice the cost :(
at least the ones for the Explorer are.

Funny how electronics get smaller & Prices go down.

Except Detector related Electronics.
they go up :(

harvi safri

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
san antonio
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, whites beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive had one on my dfx for years and and i think its awesome! makes pinpointing fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread