Parking Meters

Rob 183

Jul 22, 2009
Hamilton, OH.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a few minutes last night before dark to hunt around a couple of parking meters. The signals were many. Thought that to be odd because on many of those signals as i plunged my knife into the soil I quickly discovered someone had already been there due to a freshly cut plug. There is a gentleman in my area that hunts with an ID unit and I have discovered that he will leave the zink cents in the ground. To make a long story short as I cleaned out the zink cents I also recovered 2 quarters, 14 dimes, 7 nickles, and many copper pennies. My guess he was missing the good stuff due to the zink signals. Anyway, 43 coins in 45 minutes with a Tesoro Amigo II behind an expensive ID unit isn't bad.

HH
Rob

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be his larger coil and lack of good pinpointing too. Good way to work it, but I would use a probe like a screw driver as "goodie two shoes" gets nervous when seeing a knife.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rob, Ohio

how did you discover such a thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions