BATTERIES---alkaiine or rechargable

100aces

I got the follow message back from BH when I asked if rechagable batteries could be used.? Reads like a politicians speech, lots of words with dsaying much.
Anyone have any comments.

my ? was:
I am confused about your? "alkaline only" use in the manual.? Does this mean I can not use any type of rechargable battery?

THEIR REPLY WAS:

danny,

Thanks for visiting the Bounty Hunter web site.? We have reviewed your
question and compiled the following response.? Below is my expert opinion.

We do not recommend the rechargeable batteries for your Bounty Hunter Metal Detector, because you will not get the same performance as if you were using regular 9-volt alkaline batteries.? ?
Rechargeable batteries will save you money if you use your metal detector often, at least once or twice a week, but you might not get the same performance as if you were using regular 9-volt Alkaline batteries.

Thank you for your interest in Bounty Hunter Metal Detectors

Upvote 0

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
The owner manuals on every detector I've owned have said basicly the same thing. I am reading this from Whites, manual now. "Alkalines are recommended for use with this model, you can expect about 70 hours of hunting time from one set of batteries". "Non-alkalines can be used. When non-akaline or rechargeble cells are used detecting time will be reduced to about 50 hours". I think this is standard. HH Bob.B

S

Spiff

Of course most rechargeable batteries are only 1.2 volts per cell, as opposed to 1.5 volts for standard batteries. Most rechargeable 9V batteries out there are actually 8.4 volts (7 cells x1.2v) instead of the standard configuration of 6 cells times 1.5 v = 9V. Maybe that's the manufacturers reasoning for claiming decreased performance, your detector would be operating below recommended voltage (unless you were to piggy back on an extra cell). I do think I've seen some 9.6v (8x1.2) "9V" batteries out there... Not sure if going over reccommended voltage would overheat the thing, or throw things out of whack, or simply give you a little more depth. Maybe one 8.4 and one 9.6...

O

ol ploock

I'd find out for myself...check it out in your target garden .

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I do seem to have better luck with alkaline than the rechargable in my DFX. I also don't leave the batteries in the machine or the battery pack if I know I won't be out for a few days. Spotz

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get rechargable battery packs as an add-on item for many detectors. JIM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot depends on the Detector also. Mine takes 8 AA Batteries & Alkalines only last 3 full days. If it wasn't for Rechargables, I'd be trying to Squeeze ot every ounce of power from them. especially at 6 - 7 bucks a pack, at the Mini-Markets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread