New Years Day Contest ??

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
New Year's Day Contest ??

Anybody up for a New Year's Day contest??

First Silver Coin of the New year---
First Gold of the New Year---
First Ring of the New Year---
Oldest Coin of the New Year---
Most unusual of the New Year
Coolest Relic Of the New Year

Prizes-----The congratulations of your fellow MD'ers, I bet Marc would even let the winners have free year on the forum ;)

Dave

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Re: New Year's Day Contest ??

I am in if it's at least 40 degrees here in NY. I think it should be ok. True Metal, you in????????

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just might break down & get out Saturday? :) all these awsome finds I'm seeing lately is giving me "WITHDRAWEL SYMPTOMS" and I'm getting the "SHAKES" supposed to be low 50's here.

S

Souvaman

This might be fun to get out and try my new Christmas present (GTP-1350). Hopefully, the snow holds off here in Upstate NY. According to the Weather Channel, the high temp tomorrow is supposed to be 36F degrees. In hindsight, I probably should of ordered the model with the heated handle!

I did manage to get out yesterday and with my daughters help, we found one 1961 penny and a lot of junk. I soon realized that I really need a lot more practice. Oh well, we dug our first treasure! Maybe more tomorrow...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Sounds good to me... Maybe the spot you were talking about will make us the winner ;D

S

Souvaman

bergie said:
Souvaman--where are you in NY?

I live in Camden, NY (Oneida County). If you are familiar with the Rome/Utica area, I am North-West of the city of Rome. Camden is a typical Upstate NY village with about 3000 people. Lots of old farm country with plenty of places to hunt when the weather cooperates. Where are you located?

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

I am in area along the Hudson River about 1.5 hours north of NY City. Near West Point. Lots of Rev. War history and old sites around here too.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Sounds like a good contest to me. Hey, Souvaman I think I have an extra can of deicer and an extra pair of fur-lined headphones that i won't be using since the temp. is supposed to be 60+ here in Okla.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm in. Have personal crap to do later today but i might get to hunt sunday and monday i'm off work, so you know what i will be up to ;D

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

I'm in Ill start tomarrow, wish me luck.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Well, I found a few bucks in clad today, but no silver. I did go back and wave the coil over the hole where a couple weeks ago I found 6 coins (including three silver in one hole). I was at the same site and figured what the hell I'll wave it over the hole again and I got a signal. I was fired up, but then only dug a wheatie (can't read the date). Pretty good to get seven coins out of one hole. I picked up another wheatie from 1944 and nothing else too great.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Well, today I found nothing but mem's, clads, 5 Hot Wheels, and YES! (1) sterling ring w/weird cat's eye stone pink colored.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

Found a few nails and some pull tabs do those count?

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

FINE!!!!!
I guess if everyone else is getting in on it, I will too. I'll have to hit the beach in the morning. It's usually good for a ring or two.
X

OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

Stoney, That is an interesting sounding ring would love to see it. Damn I started this contest and I didn't find squat in the 45 minutes that my wife decided I could take away. :o

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Will try to get picture as quick as can get to son-in-law's comp. My internet is temp. down. Guarentee is neat ring

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

Wanted to know how the contest was going? We all knew "Onionhead" would win with the first ring. I pulled a child's ring out of the sand today at the beach, but it was just a junky one. Nothing of "any" value at all. Just a find, as well as a bunch of change and something I'm still checking on to find out what it is.
The guy I was with pulled out a nice 50 cal. shell out of the beach from where the old air force base planes used to target practice before the hotels were built.
How's the rest of you doing? Any silver yet for the new year?
X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread