Unfortunate loss.

Luckdragon987

Greenie
Feb 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys,

I know I haven't been around long ... just got my first MD last week as a matter of fact. Just wanted to let you guys know I won't be around for awhile. My house burned down yesterday. It was a total loss including the new F2 :(. So there won't be any treasure hunting for awhile for me. Except through the ashes hunting for all my silver that was throughout the house. It was kinda funny. My first thought was I could MD for all the stuff in the house as I knew its approximate area. Then remembered the MD was on the porch ... oh well. Anyways ... hope to start again in a few months and will be drooling over your finds on the forums in the mean time.

luckdragon.

Upvote 0

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow sorry dude.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is sad! Sorry to hear about that. Get back on your feet soon!

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss , I know how you feel as we had a House burn down and we lost everything also. Only had the clothes that we had on to wear .
Your Ins . might give you a forward on your money so you can live and get a few things .
We will be thinking about you and hang in there !

OP
OP
L

Luckdragon987

Greenie
Feb 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ya we lost everything except the clothes on our back ... we have a really good community where we live that is coming together though ... the red cross almost beat the fire trucks there.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
nice to know there is help when you need it. sorry for the loss.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the luck in luckdragon is for the fact that none of you were in the house when it happened. Glad to hear that some communities still come together to help!

OP
OP
L

Luckdragon987

Greenie
Feb 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
well ... went over to the rubble today and started shoveling ... found my car key ... yay.

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't imagine!
Sorry to hear about the badluckdragon.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
First good thing I have ever heard about Red Cross.

Sorry for your loss, can't imagine.
Glad no one was hurt.
Did you have insurance and are they helping?
Grey

OP
OP
L

Luckdragon987

Greenie
Feb 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
greydigger said:
First good thing I have ever heard about Red Cross.

Sorry for your loss, can't imagine.
Glad no one was hurt.
Did you have insurance and are they helping?
Grey

I think it has to do more with who in the area is representing Red Cross than the organization. Because I don't know the people that showed up with Red Cross personally, but I do know they are the owners of a local business. Ya we were insured ... not enough for the contents of course ... but should help us get back on our feet. Since everyone made it out ok, now it is just a time issue I am told. LoL it is different treasure hunting for your own stuff in your house. I found my pin pointer that was inside (And it works!). lol.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sorry to hear about your loss. Brought back memories from 10 years ago when my house, new motor home and car burned up on a snowie Dec. day. I was retired and lost everything but an old 18' motorhome that didn't run. Fixed the frig.,water heater, and gas heater and moved in for a year while I built a new home on the same spot. I call it the Phoenix house. Good luck on a new beginning.

Attachments

• hot cat 2_edited-1.jpg
    hot cat 2_edited-1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 699
  • hot cat 2_edited-1.jpg
    hot cat 2_edited-1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 697

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
[/quote]
I think it has to do more with who in the area is representing Red Cross than the organization. Because I don't know the people that showed up with Red Cross personally, but I do know they are the owners of a local business. Ya we were insured ... not enough for the contents of course ... but should help us get back on our feet. Since everyone made it out ok, now it is just a time issue I am told. LoL it is different treasure hunting for your own stuff in your house. I found my pin pointer that was inside (And it works!). lol.
[/quote]

Yes it must be the local people.
I am in Emergency Communications for the county and in several flooding disasters over the years they have been not helpful in a timley mannor. But always proclaim their good deeds.
Salvation Army were the first and only help for 3 weeks as well as local individuals.

Great to hear you saved pinpointer!
Perhaps the maker could use the news to brag about their stuff and send you some monetary consideration for it?

Grey

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May God Bless you and your family. I'm so terribly sorry to hear. Sometimes bad things that happen in our lives tend to turn out to be better in the end. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Cling to those you love. It will all be okay.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to meet the luckdragon987. I feel sad to hear about your house burning, I will keep you in my special prayers for you to move forward with a bigger and better way of life and most of all is for you to find close new friends who will help you while you experience new happyness and good times to be had in the near future.
More than luck, I wish you to never give up faith as later blessings will rain upon you my friend, Peace.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I empathize with you. Our home burned to the ground on May 23, 1989. Its the day I learned, for absolutely sure, what is important. I was asleep in the house, and, I managed to get out - with a t-shirt, underwear and my socks - but everything else went up in smoke.

It is the day I learned that, it was NOT in God's plan to have me die that day - and that - I was alive, my dogs were all alive and well, and that, that, it is all "just stuff", and thank the heavens that it was only "stuff".

There is a song by craig morgan - it fits perfectly. "This Ain't Nothing".

Beth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSdItuvBxc8&ob=av3e

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well spoken Beth! Agreed. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions