pinpointers

lcgerard001

Greenie
Feb 28, 2012
Bay City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this may have been covered alot. But im new to metal detecting and just got a coinmaster pro. My problem is it seems like i never dig my hole on top of what im looking for. it always seems im off to one side or the other is there a pinpointer that you guys and gals would recomend? im not looking to spend a ton of money under a 100 would be ideal thanks

Upvote 0

Kasey00

Oct 17, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had good luck with my F-Point. Waterproof and simple.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Labs-F-POINT-Detector-Pinpointer/dp/B000W3X78W

Have heard others do not care for them but I'm happy with mine. :dontknow: True for most everything in detecting, I suppose. :icon_thumleft:

This an amazing tool that Charlie have referred to you. I use it too.

And since my starting days it has never failed to detect accurately.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still using the F-Point some seven years later. Still works fine. (Though the Sunray FX-1 I have is better they are no longer available).

I think there is a big variation in what people expect or want from a pinpointer. I want to know when I am within 3/4" of a coin and where it is in the hole. Like along the sides of the hole or bottom, or in the plug I tipped out. Some detectorists seem to expect or need 2" of range . . . but to me that is not "pinpointing".

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know which to recommend, i have had 3 in the past few months?? sent 2 back to amazon within the first week of use, and opened another to try and dry it out, after a river adventure, only to completely wreck it.. All cheap orange pointers in the -50€ ranges, they are pretty crap.
Must buy another... will i learn ??

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Propointer is the way to go.

For something you will use, and depend on, so often,.........
This is not the time to try to save a few dollars.

The first one I bought,...... I bought with my "Finds Money".

Oh, by the way, a good friend bought 3 used Garrett Propointers off ebay with hopes of making a couple of bucks.
"All three wound up being "Counterfeit!"

They are near useless.

Buy a brand new one from a dealer.
Comes with a warranty, and you will never regret the purchase.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used both the Minelab Pro-Find 35 and Garrett Carrot (ProPointer AT) and they both work great.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the garrett carrot. 2 years still going strong. i happened to look at walmart online they have one that looks identical to the garret but its a no name brand for like 30 bucks. it may be worth a try. they say its waterproof too.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the TRX over the garrett...both are excellent ...the TRX fits my glove hand better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread