pinpointers

lcgerard001

Greenie
Feb 28, 2012
Bay City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this may have been covered alot. But im new to metal detecting and just got a coinmaster pro. My problem is it seems like i never dig my hole on top of what im looking for. it always seems im off to one side or the other is there a pinpointer that you guys and gals would recomend? im not looking to spend a ton of money under a 100 would be ideal thanks

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your not wanting to spend much order a CenTec from Harbor Freight or look at the stud finders on Amazon.com

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its a little more than 100 but the Garrett Pro-pointer does me right

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've been using the Whites Bullseye for a year and love it. To me it's very accurate. Once I pull a plug I go direct to the pointer.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used a Whites Bullseye years ago before it became a relic itself somewhere in the Virginia woods.. I switched to the Garrett because of the better ergonomics.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have owned a Centec, bullseye, and Automax. None of them are much good. The Garrett Propointer is worth every penny of its price. Read all the posts in this forum on pinpointers and you'll see that the Garrett is your best choice.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt the same way when I was looking for a pinpointer. Went for the less expensive one and I have regretted it. So now in the long run it is costing me more to buy a better one.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i use the Zircon M40 metalliscanner $30 at any home improvement store 2" on coins 4" on other metals
Gary

Attachments

• Picture 69.jpg
    Picture 69.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 420

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Detecting wouldn't be the same with out my Garrett pro pointer, had to buy another one because my buddy wanted to keep using mine, :BangHead: can't go wrong with the pro pointer.

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garrett pin pointer all the way. the ole school white was my fav till the pin came out n the light on it w vib is ba...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are you guys finding the Garretts for under $100? (Per the original poster's request).

I'd have recommended the Sunray if we were ignoring that. :wink:

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the two years that I had the Garrett Propointer i have used it to death but its still going... Mostly from over use... I hunt a lot! I have a shovel that is 6 months old and it is breaking so in essence it tougher than a shovel, both being used for what they were intended for... I wouldn't say I abused it but I have used it to the brink of abuse very well made product worth every penny!

Chukers

chipper01work

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2010
I hunt with an Etrac with a Sunray Probe on it and also have the Garrett Pro Pointer. I would not be without the Pro Pointer. I actually prefer it to the Sunray Probe for pinpointing. The main reason I leave the Sunray on the machine is the fact that it makes coil changes about 10 times faster and easier. I would STRONLY advise you to save a few more dollars and get the Garrett Pro Pointer.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
chukers said:
In the two years that I had the Garrett Propointer i have used it to death but its still going... Mostly from over use... I hunt a lot! I have a shovel that is 6 months old and it is breaking so in essence it tougher than a shovel, both being used for what they were intended for... I wouldn't say I abused it but I have used it to the brink of abuse very well made product worth every penny!

Chukers

So you dig with your pinpointer?
What kind of digging?
I dig with mine in bark chips in tot lots or dry sand but not in vingin soil.
That must be pretty stong.
Is there a garantee to use as a digger?
Grey

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lcgerard001 said:
anyone have any input on the whites bullseye?
Just a thought a friend of mine had 1 until he used my propointer Now he has his own propointer!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have owned a Centec, bullseye, and Automax. None of them are much good. The Garrett Propointer is worth every penny of its price. Read all the posts in this forum on pinpointers and you'll see that the Garrett is your best choice.

Haven't had much experience with the others except for a cheap bounty hunter pinpointer, but I agree. The Garret works GREAT.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Minelab 35 and also a MarsMD pinpointer. The Mars unit is less than $100 and works very well. It's my primary pointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread