Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
goldentruth said:
Hey there Chukers: I have been hitting areas 2 to 3 times durring the week while my 3 boys are in school.
Now with my new upgrade (A real gold detector,"Finally") a Whites Goldmaster GMT E-Series, I talked 2 of my boys to spend a day with me. My older vintage Tesoro is still a great Coin Machine with on or off discriminate and accept or reject all metal, it is still worth keeping even though I would have to be on top of a good size nugget to find that kind of target/hit. Now I can hit the many small "pickers" nuggets the miners of old left behind including the common 4,5,6 grain and up. I got my jars ready!
I'm glad you have this poll going, it's interesting to see how much people enjoy the hobby, Thanks.
I sure do hope you fill them jars,SOON!

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually on Fridays and/or Saturdays and usually for 9 or 10 hours in the water. We call it a Marathon and believe me it is. :icon_pirat:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once a week.

I average between 6-8 hours per hunt.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
chukers said:
goldentruth said:
Hey there Chukers: I have been hitting areas 2 to 3 times durring the week while my 3 boys are in school.
Now with my new upgrade (A real gold detector,"Finally") a Whites Goldmaster GMT E-Series, I talked 2 of my boys to spend a day with me. My older vintage Tesoro is still a great Coin Machine with on or off discriminate and accept or reject all metal, it is still worth keeping even though I would have to be on top of a good size nugget to find that kind of target/hit. Now I can hit the many small "pickers" nuggets the miners of old left behind including the common 4,5,6 grain and up. I got my jars ready!
I'm glad you have this poll going, it's interesting to see how much people enjoy the hobby, Thanks.

I grew up in Calaveras county... not far from where gold was first discovered at Sutters Mill... I wish I was there now... I wish I was in gold country now that I am into metal detecting like I am... Good Luck and show us your finds... I'd love to see them!

Chukers
It's a small world Chukers! I am in N.Cal "Shasta County" in "French Gulch" ( Mining town Est.1849 by French Settlers where they pulled over 3 million in gold in 2-3 Years ).
I am thinking positive about the Tailings from Hydrolic Mining, I don't think they were after much small stuff that fell thru the screens and wash out areas from the super long wooden sluces. Now with a year in lookin for silver coins & artifacts Now soon to go nugget shooting with my upgrade "Whites GMT" now in the mail which should reach me Fri or Sat. (Looks like some were right, many upgrading on Md's this week! With better weather ahead I plan 4 days durring the week 6 to 8 or 9 hours. I am lucky living RIGHT HERE! Less hastle, less travel time & I can pack lunch & drinks to stay longer. I am sure to photo & post my finds of this great hobby. This is the life! Have a great day.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Cache hunting, about 3 times a year, but whenever I get the desire, I am still finding things on my farm. I also hit a back yard on an old lot when I get permission. The warmer the wheather the more the desire.

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 238
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 231

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread