How often do you go hunting?

the beav

Jun 14, 2008
west bend area
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
I try to go two times a week. Was out this weekend for the first time of the season, was nice to get out and find some coins.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could get out more than one day a week. I'm holding down a 40 hour a week job, so I'm pretty busy. Even with not enough time I still managed my 27 silver coin for 2012 that I found yesterday!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Hand Fluke said:
I wish I could get out more than one day a week. I'm holding down a 40 hour a week job, so I'm pretty busy. Even with not enough time I still managed my 27 silver coin for 2012 that I found yesterday!

wow very impressive... you must be in a great area... I am at 3 for the year! LOL

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the beav said:
I try to go two times a week. Was out this weekend for the first time of the season, was nice to get out and find some coins.

I know how you feel didn't get out for over a week and it felt like forever it was good to find a handful of clad at least.

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm working 60 hours a week but usually have Saturday and Sunday off so I balance metal detecting with time with family. I did buy an extra detector so I could take family with me but that's not always possible some places. ;D

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could go a fraction of the time that I use to go.......a very sad state indeed. :( :'( I'm lucky if I can go once a month now.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mostly once a week. Sunday morning for 3 to 4 hours. Sometimes I'll get in an extra day during the week after work or on a Saturday. But I hate to say it's usually once a week.

-Swartzie

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saturdays and sundays--or --twice a week.... usually start getting antzy about 3 oclock on saturday mornings...like to be in the field by 5 am earlier if full moon.... every day when on vacation at the beach....even then i get the 3am itch......

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting out about 3 times a week, I like to get one full day in and a couple of 3 to 4 hour trips. But now with longer days and nicer weather I might have to up that a little bit :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a new years resolution this year to hunt as much as possible. Even if I can only get out for an hour, I will go hunting. Most days I hunt, I get 3-4 hours in. With weather warming up I hope to push that to 6-7 hours on my days off.

DigImust

Jan 30, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Chris, I'm mostly retired so I get out and pound the turf when weather permits. Around here, it can change in a heartbeat. I'm swinging an E-trac now, so the added weight limits my time to about 4-5 hrs a day.
Pablo

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
DigImust said:
Like Chris, I'm mostly retired so I get out and pound the turf when weather permits. Around here, it can change in a heartbeat. I'm swinging an E-trac now, so the added weight limits my time to about 4-5 hrs a day.
Pablo
Pablo,I've pushed 8,that mattress feels awful good them nights!!!!!!!!!

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there Chukers: I have been hitting areas 2 to 3 times durring the week while my 3 boys are in school.
Now with my new upgrade (A real gold detector,"Finally") a Whites Goldmaster GMT E-Series, I talked 2 of my boys to spend a day with me. My older vintage Tesoro is still a great Coin Machine with on or off discriminate and accept or reject all metal, it is still worth keeping even though I would have to be on top of a good size nugget to find that kind of target/hit. Now I can hit the many small "pickers" nuggets the miners of old left behind including the common 4,5,6 grain and up. I got my jars ready!
I'm glad you have this poll going, it's interesting to see how much people enjoy the hobby, Thanks.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldentruth said:
Hey there Chukers: I have been hitting areas 2 to 3 times durring the week while my 3 boys are in school.
Now with my new upgrade (A real gold detector,"Finally") a Whites Goldmaster GMT E-Series, I talked 2 of my boys to spend a day with me. My older vintage Tesoro is still a great Coin Machine with on or off discriminate and accept or reject all metal, it is still worth keeping even though I would have to be on top of a good size nugget to find that kind of target/hit. Now I can hit the many small "pickers" nuggets the miners of old left behind including the common 4,5,6 grain and up. I got my jars ready!
I'm glad you have this poll going, it's interesting to see how much people enjoy the hobby, Thanks.

I grew up in Calaveras county... not far from where gold was first discovered at Sutters Mill... I wish I was there now... I wish I was in gold country now that I am into metal detecting like I am... Good Luck and show us your finds... I'd love to see them!

Chukers

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on your definition of "hunting." If by that you mean metal detecting then I go about once a year. If you mean searching the stock market, online auctions both rich and poor, and always looking down when I walk.....that's every hour at least.

I found a $5 bill this morning. :headbang: :hello2:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheOldMan said:
Chucker's - you left the gold fields behind you but I hope there is treasure in your area. I try to detect at least five days out of a week depending on how my old bones are holding up. I view coinshooting as my exercise program.....detecting out doors as my church....and finding a pile of junk as my helping the environment, my green program.

same here... after sitting at a desk most of a 24 hour period I need to get out and do something... yeah I feel I am cleaning up the earth too... but I doubt that will fly with others... they don't understand.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
It depends on your definition of "hunting." If by that you mean metal detecting then I go about once a year. If you mean searching the stock market, online auctions both rich and poor, and always looking down when I walk.....that's every hour at least.

I found a $5 bill this morning. :headbang: :hello2:

since I assumed this is a forum primary about metal detecting, The poll was for the traditional sense of treasure hunting... because if you look at it that way we are all constantly hunting then... I love them free $5 bills!

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread