Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    131 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Text disappeared for some reason....anyway the question was not about hoards or caches. Answers would be very different if all types of gold coin recoveries were include.

us
    Zodiacdiverdave

Mar 2011
    The North Atlantic Ocean
    XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
    1037 times

gold

I got it figured out but I guess I was too late to edit my post so here is the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02929.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	619202  
    Living the dream

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2006
    Upstate South Carolina
    DFX SE Tiger Shark and Others
    126 times
    I know that Tom started detecting when the transistor was invented, so he has the edge on most of you guys. I live in South Carolina. There were only 4 gold coins lost here, and I found all of them. I did manage to find 1 on the east coast of Florida. Most of our gold was stolen by the Yanks when they came down!!! Tony
    We are in a hobby that is supported by losers!!

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    131 times
    Anyone having problems with the new forum ? Zodiac's picture (and about 10 % of others won't display on my computer since the change). All fine before. Also can't change the detector owned list. Wanted to delete one off and add another yesterday having sold my last XP and it would not work for love or money.

us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    13 times
    I've dug a lot of American coins in my years of hunting but no Gold coins at all.
    I've only seen a few at club meets, and I knew a guy in Charleston SC that showed me a $1 gold coin he said he found.
    That's it...
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

us
    Human

Sep 2008
    Earth
    Whites MXT Pro with 10 X 12 S.E.F. Coil
    99 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ahhhh yes, the Camp Floyd affair.

I myself have found none. But I still keep trying!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Certainly SOMEONE must have found more than 13 gold coins in the USA (outside of the famous Camp Floyd/Johnston's army Utah deal) ?? And not counting caches or jewelry mounts. C'mon, anyone out there heard of anyone getting more individual gold coins than this?

us
    Aug 2007
    Spotsylvania, VA
    X-terra 70 Sovereign GT WolfPack
    22 times
    I myself have found none. However, an old Vietnam buddy of mine found a fence post treasure. TEN, yes TEN gold coins in a can. My brother in Bishop, Ca. saw the actual coins I only saw pictures. The coins were found NE of Bishop.
    Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. Vietnam # 10 G.I Wolfpack

us
    relic hunter

Dec 2011
    Cape Cod
    tesoro stingray
    80 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    people were careful with pennies back then, now they throw them away. think about it.

Feb 2008
    226 times
    I probly can't find it but a couple years ago I read a post on TNet about a dude hunting an old Army post and finding many gold coins, mostly $5
    pieces. He had done due diligence and knew where the tents of the enlisted men were and knew that the men confined to base put down blankets
    to gamble on. The soldiers were paid in gold so it must have been long ago. Can't remember the total but it was a lot more than those mentioned.
    It was a western fort, either AZ or California. I'm guessing most of those lost coins were lost when "dissagreements" were going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors