KeyWest Area Brothers find while digging well, now searching for treasure chest.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just was emailed a ad from Kellyco Detectors, One subject shows a picture of several Gold Nuggets, 12 to 14K. They estimate over 2 Lbs. What I don't understand a appraiser said @ $300 a ounce they may about $10,000 worth of GOLD. In my oppinion, I was told nuggets in a natural form "Can" be worth more than "Spot value"! Spot value is Aprox over $1500+ a ounce. What is going on here?
It is a beautiful story of two brothers who bought a used house In aprox 1977, now digging a well and hit Gold in that area of Key West. If you check Kellyco site you will see what I mean for yourself. What gains my interest is what the value is being placed on this booty now. It seems it should have more value. If I found this fortune, I would be darn right to get several estimates form assayers and private partys first. Anybody think the same?

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That story must be from 1970s or the 1990's when gold was super cheap. Yeah, nuggets can go for up to double the spot value as specimens / jewelry.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
I just was emailed a ad from Kellyco Detectors, One subject shows a picture of several Gold Nuggets, 12 to 14K. They estimate over 2 Lbs. What I don't understand a appraiser said @ $300 a ounce they may about $10,000 worth of GOLD. In my oppinion, I was told nuggets in a natural form "Can" be worth more than "Spot value"! Spot value is Aprox over $1500+ a ounce. What is going on here?
It is a beautiful story of two brothers who bought a used house In aprox 1977, now digging a well and hit Gold in that area of Key West. If you check Kellyco site you will see what I mean for yourself. What gains my interest is what the value is being placed on this booty now. It seems it should have more value. If I found this fortune, I would be darn right to get several estimates form assayers and private partys first. Anybody think the same?
(When I saw this story on Kellyco, I thought it was a new story. They did not say on what date this was so I thought it was new news since they just listed this on their site. All I know is that they had bought the house in 1977 and now drilling a well, sounded like recent happenings.)

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you buy a house in 1977 and dig a well 35 years later ?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold nuggett, called specimen gold, ALWAYS goes for more than spot... IF..... the market will allow it. A coin dealer... I buy my gold coins from Howie in Angels Camp... is not the best place to unlode (play on words) specimen gold. Give it to a trusted friend/dealer to sell it at a show. My two cents. Nickel version will cost ya'! TTC

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TORRERO said:
Why would you buy a house in 1977 and dig a well 35 years later ?

You get thirsty, after a spell.

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
goldentruth said:
(When I saw this story on Kellyco, I thought it was a new story. They did not say on what date this was so I thought it was new news since they just listed this on their site. All I know is that they had bought the house in 1977 and now drilling a well, sounded like recent happenings.)
They claim they bought several houses. You may want to read the kellyco site on this to make your own determination. I just mentioned what I read and it sounded like after 1977 they decided to put in a well. Possible or not you have to check the way it was printed and shown by Kellyco.(I don't think they are going to did an old story to wet appetite or would they? All I know it shows Fantastic Pictures of LOTS OF GOLD! Thanks.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you dig a well where there's municipal water?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:

Because the $ to run a private well pump is about 90% cheaper than using municiple water supply! Especially if watering a yard, city water means city sewer charges on top of that, so even more savings.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
Bum Luck said:

Because the $ to run a private well pump is about 90% cheaper than using municiple water supply! Especially if watering a yard, city water means city sewer charges on top of that, so even more savings.

It's illegal in most places I know of for the reasons of public safety and public fairness. Hard to believe it's any different in Key West.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:
Jason in Enid said:
Bum Luck said:

It's illegal in most places I know of for the reasons of public safety and public fairness. Hard to believe it's any different in Key West.

Whatchu smokin Willis? Illegal? I have NEVER heard of being illegal to have a private well. Public fairness? Hahaha

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:
Jason in Enid said:
Bum Luck said:

Public safety? Fairness.. oh my, a window into your soul! But I guess it is probably that way in Cuba, where everything is equal! MWUAAAAHHA HAAAHhA

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:
Jason in Enid said:
Bum Luck said:

Public safety? Fairness.. oh my, a window into your soul! But I guess it is probably that way in Cuba, where everything is equal! MWUAAAAHHA HAAAHhA

Probly evey whe cept Kaintuck . . . .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread