Clemsonfan

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2012
New Castle, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For my 1st detector I went with the Ace 250. Bought headphones, and digging tool. Im really excited to get started. If you read my earlier post, you know that I'm just starting.

I have access to several early homesteads that date back to the early 1800's. These have never been searched. Most of these locations only have foundations that remain. Can you give me any info on where I should start my search? Given the wealth of knowledge on this forum, where would my best chances of finding something be? All of these locations had several out buildings. And all but 1 are located near fairly large creeks. When or if I find something. You guys/gals will be the first to know. Thanks for any and all info.

Clemsonfan

Upvote 0

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would search inside the foundation of the houses first then pan out, look for any large boulders and large old trees, an old fence post or something that looks out of place or could have been used as a marker to bury a cache. Start around the market point then pan outward and go all around in a circle, if theres something there you may find it.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome man! Get out there and make some finds! Congrats!!!!! Good luck getting your wife to understand your new addiction! Lol. Just kidding......but no, seriously! ROFLMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread