The XP Deus with US coins, and a comparison to the E-Trac

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the newest vid I have on the XP Deus. I lined up some US Coins and I also set up the Deus and the E-trac in the basic factory settings and compared a 7 inch target. Again this target was one at factory settings. Once I get more experience with the Deus I will go full powered head to head. Needless to say, I was surprised at the result... I also showed how fast the Deus will hit coins on the Deus Fast setting..lol it was quick to say the least..Well hope this interests you... Evan

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks man.. the speed of this thing is unreal...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got that right! I found 4 wheaties Saturday in a VERY trashy school I have pounded over the years with all my machines. 2 sounded perfect. I still cant believe I missed them before. XP Deus made them sound great!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
You got that right! I found 4 wheaties Saturday in a VERY trashy school I have pounded over the years with all my machines. 2 sounded perfect. I still cant believe I missed them before. XP Deus made them sound great!

hi bart!
what frequency have you determined to be the best for coins,and were you using that frequency when you "hit"
the wheaties?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was under the impression that operating the Deus was illegal in the US. Something to do with FCC compliance?

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was under the impression that operating the Deus was illegal in the US. Something to do with FCC compliance?
I haven't heard that at all.. I'm sure they checked into all of that before releasing it to the US market....

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hi bart!
what frequency have you determined to be the best for coins,and were you using that frequency when you "hit"
the wheaties?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
I've been using the 17khz for really deep stuff and 11 for trashy spots.. I think Bart has been using 11 also..

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggit, its the last production runs of the XP Goldmax and the follow up machine, the XP Power that ran an illegal frequency for the circuit board to headphones transmission. Though I don't like the detector myself, XP do sort this sort of thing out before exporting into a country.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggit, its the last production runs of the XP Goldmax and the follow up machine, the XP Power that ran an illegal frequency for the circuit board to headphones transmission. Though I don't like the detector myself, XP do sort this sort of thing out before exporting into a country.
o.k.. THAT was what I had heard. It was when the machine FIRST came out, so they fixed it now. Understood.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep 11.8 here. I will be experimenting with the 18 khz soon!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gonehunting has new videos out for the XP DEUS.

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
I think you proved that the factory settings on the etrac stink :laughing7:

If the masking had been more appropriately set, there'dve been no question there was as silver dime there.

What do rusty bottle caps and pull tabs sound like on the Deus?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread