Hunting in SW Virginia

NewsMan

Mar 25, 2011
Howdy... I'm no pro either and am in Roanoke. Looking for spots all the time. Have some leads in your area!

looneyone

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2011
Since the Virginia board seems kinda dead, I decided to post this here. Does anyone on here live in this area of the state? I would like to find some buddies to go hunting with. If they don't mind having a "newbie" tagging along. Send me a message if your interested.

I live in buchanan county va, If your ever in this area give me a holler, would be happy to show you around to a few places here, always got a place or two ready to go hunting.

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clemsonfan said:
Since the Virginia board seems kinda dead, I decided to post this here. Does anyone on here live in this area of the state? I would like to find some buddies to go hunting with. If they don't mind having a "newbie" tagging along. Send me a message if your interested.

Hey Clemsonfan,
We have property in Bristol Va, and am somewhat a newbie myself. I don't live there, but am 1-5 hours away in NC.
I do come up about once a week, occasional weekends, and will be up there a lot come deer season. Send me a PM, and we can possibly discuss some places to MD.

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Southwest Va here also. New to the site I also live in Bristol Va and have been trying to research somewhere to MD. Not much luck though.

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looneyone said:
here is a site with some parks there in bristol, check em out , most community parks have no problems with md ing , hope this will give you somewhere to occupy a little time for you and give you a chance to swing your coil over.. Dept of Parks & Recreation - Bristol, VA

Great info! Many Thanks!!!

ctb7

Aug 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Abingdon, Va. I have been hunting on and off for a couple of years but still consider myself a rookie. I am a retired mining engineer. Would like to hunt with some one in the area. ctb7

Hendu

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
SW Va.
Detector(s) used
brand new AT Pro and loving it
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ctb7 said:
I am in Abingdon, Va. I have been hunting on and off for a couple of years but still consider myself a rookie. I am a retired mining engineer. Would like to hunt with some one in the area. ctb7

Ctb I am just returning to the the hobby after some 20 odd years. I grew up in Saltville and did some relic hunting there with a few finds. Im now in Bristol and have been trying to research places to MD here and surrounding areas. Not much luck yet but would enjoy MDing with others in our area.

leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
BH VLF Treasure Detector, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also from upper East Tn. / SW Va.

Jan 13, 2014
Bristol Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 18 and I'm from Haysi Va. But live in Bristol Va. And I also want to know of some places to Metal Detect and find old relics. Maybe also find some people to go with.

spad_dad

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2014
Eastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floyd Co. In eastern ky. I bike ride on the creeper trail some. Is there any hunting around there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Kingsport, TN (Sullivan County), but work in Lebanon, VA and Richlands, VA. Would like to hunt some places here. I am always spotting promising sites but do not know the property owners. Would love to get together with anyone in Upper East TN or SW VA to hunt. I'm a newbie. -james

smt24219

Jan 20, 2014
Big Stone Gap, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Big Stone Gap. I'm brand new to this hobby too, and being in school full time commuting to Milligan College every day doesn't leave me much time but I'd like to hear of any good places as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread