Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: thinking of buying a metal detector.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    37 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

thinking of buying a metal detector.

i have been thinking of buying a metal detector for quite some time and was wondering what type was best. what website/s would you recommend?

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1541 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: thinking of buying a metal detector.

Hey Ski, from another "Zki"
    Look no further than this net. SEVERAL guys that post can advise you. Try Mike of Woodland Detectors, for one. TRY to buy local. The net's advertisers are also knowledgable, such as Kellyco. I have owned several, and still do. Since the choices to you are mindblowing, I will leave that choice to you. TTC
    The tide doesn't come in for six hours. You wanna wait here for six hours? Apocalypse Now

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1192 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryC
    Hey Ski, from another "Zki"
    Look no further than this net. SEVERAL guys that post can advise you. Try Mike of Woodland Detectors, for one. TRY to buy local. The net's advertisers are also knowledgable, such as Kellyco. I have owned several, and still do. Since the choices to you are mindblowing, I will leave that choice to you. TTC
    Try Mike He Is Great!!! Red Got Her's From Him!!! Hoping to Get Out this Weekend!!! It Only thake a call Let him Know what type Of Hunting You Want to Do And the Price Range And He will Hook you Up!!! Chug and Red
    We live to detect, we detect to live!

"It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    647 times
    tectin crap

Quote Originally Posted by ckrakowski
    i have been thinking of buying a metal detector for quite some time and was wondering what type was best. what website/s would you recommend?
    The best type is just somebody's opinion and there is no best type. I recommend more specific questions that address particular metal tectin goals. Perhaps you are a fresh water beach hunter, and you want to dive with the machine. Or you may be a gold nugget shooter out in the wild hills somewhere. As far as web sites, do you mean for purchasing a metal detector, or for research? Its a tough topic to nail down.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    May 2009
    37 times
    i am looking for one that can be used for having fun and searching fields for coins.

us
    Garrett watersports!

Apr 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
    173 times
    Yah better hurry before they are all sold out ...after all these shows on TV Im hearing they are very busy!
    Mzjavert likes this.
    Just remember...what you miss today...I will find tomorrow!

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    341 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrakowski View Post
    Be glad to help you and give ya a great deal! Give me a holler with questions!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating
    Buying a detector is a lot like taking a wife or husband. You have to find one that fits your needs and is able to put up with your quirks.

Best talk to some experienced people who do your type of hunting.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Mar 2012
    Spring TX
    CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro
    366 times
    Ford or Chevy? Lots of choices, you can get a decent machine for shallow coin hunting for as little as $200+-. Give me a call or email if I can help you narrow your choices!

Wayne

us
    May 2009
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies View Post
    Be glad to help you and give ya a great deal! Give me a holler with questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Detecting Stuff View Post
    Ford or Chevy? Lots of choices, you can get a decent machine for shallow coin hunting for as little as $200+-. Give me a call or email if I can help you narrow your choices!

Wayne
    right now i am just thinking about it but if i decide to go through with it i will keep you two guys in mind ok.

us
    "John Holmes Jr."

Nov 2011
    French Gulch, North Calif.
    "WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
    28 times
    Metal Detecting
    As anyone will tell you, go with a major name brand and the type of detecting. For coins you will find Tesoro,Whites,Garett & minelab have great "Coin machines". Continue to google "youtube" and see the videos of many machines in action and their finds! You can take it from there, it is always not to go into something blind. Everybody has an oppinion and a favorite.
    Stick with TNET if any questions, many good members here will give you good input. Good luck friend.
    GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT.. IT CAN HIDE BUT WHEN REAL IT DON'T LIE!
    My Mama Never raised No Fool... I Was Adopted!

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    '72 RS Kit/Musketeer Advantage with 8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se with 11" DD & 6.5" concentric coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe/Black Widows/Rattler/F-Point/Merlin SXL Pinpointers
    485 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart@Big Boys Hobbies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrakowski View Post
    So true! That's why some folks poo poo a brand that others love. And, like a marriage, you have to work at it sometimes.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Depends on what kind of money, time and sweat you want to put into the hobby. Tesoro Compadre / Garrett Ace 250 / Fisher F2 / Tesoro Vaquero / Minelab Etrac...
    Please visit my Website http://TerrySoloman.com

us
    "John Holmes Jr."

Nov 2011
    French Gulch, North Calif.
    "WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
    28 times
    Metal Detecting
    Be sure you get a popular name brand that has good customer service. (Some made out of the USA could possibly hold you up on customer service.) A brand that has a great popular track record with youtube videos of it in action so you can not just take oppinions but see for yourself production & at a fair cost. Got to cover your bases, this is your investment so be the judge so later you can enjoy your hobby than later wishing that you would have got one that was better or more suited for your type of use.(Or over spent when a lower cost MD preforms as good or better than a higher priced one you bought. (Take your time and buy smart, Just to help out), good luck friend.
    GOLD IS WHERE YOU FIND IT.. IT CAN HIDE BUT WHEN REAL IT DON'T LIE!
    My Mama Never raised No Fool... I Was Adopted!

us
    Feb 2012
    SW Michigan
    4 times
    There are so many choices it's hard to make a decision, at least for me. I want to buy one next month. Good luck on your decision. Best regards. Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors