Hearing Signals

FindinPlows

Sep 8, 2006
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
EXP II , Discovery 3300
I have been MD'ing for quite a while with my 3300 and have decided it's time to upgrade but I have one question. I read a lot about hearing "whispers" and "crackles" on the higher end units and digging faint signals. I am concerned that with my hearing loss (I don't hear high frequencies well at all) that I won't be able to get all of the value or improved performance out of a higher-end machine. I use stereo headphones now with the 3300 and haven't had a problem. (I think!!)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think with a good set of headphones, you shouldn't have a problem with any detector you choose.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
If your head phones have a seperate volume control, crank them all the way up. Also, they make a device similar to a hearing aid that helps people hear better, but without the electronics. Can't remember the brand name though.

If you hear the loud high tone on your detector now, you should be able to make out a weaker one too. The tone remains the same, just sounds a little weaker when deeper.

K

Kentucky Kache

On the high end White's machines, you have the option to
change tones.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This option to change the tones from high to low is available on the higher end machines. This is one of the reasons to not go cheap when you buy your first detector or upgrading. Many mid range detectors do this too.

All cars take you from point A to Point B, but some do it with you arriving more relaxed.

HH,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
All cars take you from point A to Point B, but some do it with you arriving more relaxed.

HH,
Sandman

Same can be said for wives SM. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread