Yellow Metal

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get a gold test kit for testing the purity.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If You can afford the Gas!!!! Go to a Local Jewler and flirt with The Pretty Lady!!! Then Ask If she can test It for You!!! HH Chug

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask a pawn shop if it is 24K (To start interest) & value? Im sure they would test it!... Bingo it's tested.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask a pawn shop if it is 24K (To start interest) & value? Im sure they would test it!... Bingo it's tested.
THe trouble with this is the pawn shop will lie to you about purity so they can buy it at reduced price in case you want to sell it.

OP
OP
R

redtruck

Greenie
Jan 5, 2012
texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone this is why I joined

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~redtruck~
Hello All Just got back from hunting found a yellow metal heart what can I do to test for gold. tried magnet did not pick up .
Nice find...If you are going to keep it then it is made of gold..If you are going to sell it you will have to find out..Wait until you can get someone to check it for free..I have a couple of Meteorites on display and need to know nothing else unless I wanted to sell them...Art

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never said sell to the first person who checks the KT. Get several of estimates from who you know or friend if you think it has a good value. Some shops will tell you it is not worth much but they will be happy for the $$ from resales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread